“Dating” over long distance?

You need to throw in a twist or surprise at the end . . . the relationship is over!

like The Crying Game.
Make her/him/non-binary or some XYCQD letter or something. that’ll attract Hollywood, etc.

I didn’t read all of this, so it’s possible I missed some key details.

But general rule of thumb is only invest in someone else as much as they’re willing to invest in you. If she seems distracted or indifferent, it won’t work out.

Long distance is a hard one, especially when it goes longer than 6 months or so. Many partners lose interest the longer it goes on.

1 Like

tommy525 came up with a little gem once: absence makes the heart go yonder.

4 Likes

Hard to find a European country that doesn’t have an international program. Also maybe you could accommodate her? Maybe go find work wherever, in EU, she finds a good program or you could come to Taiwan to study. There is no perfect solution here, there needs to be a compromise somewhere somehow.
Regardless, you need to talk to her about this. It’s too big a change to make if you are not on the same page. If she seems reluctant then maybe at least you can move on.

Are you like super religious or something? I find this comical especially for an European.

3 Likes

Don’t be so harsh. I think he’s only like 22 or something. He is allowed to be hypersensitive and naive.

3 Likes

Sorry but European guys in their 20s are almost always total manwhores.

2 Likes

Wowowow hold on there tiger.

FIFY. I have a reputation to uphold.

2 Likes

And there comes the generalisations once again…
750 million people in 44 different countries, but they are all the same?

Ah but have you considered this?

Pining after somebody you can’t have is for uglies and weirdos. On to the next one!

1 Like

Yes. All waiguoren. Next question.

2 Likes

Well, yes, in most cases. Manwhore is probably a bit of an exaggeration but they definitely don’t take sex seriously at all, let alone kisses.

Us poor married shmucks in our 40s don’t take it seriously either…or we’d be chopped liver

1 Like

I met someone who worked at a place with a lot of foreigners and commented that I was different because I wasn’t like her foreign workmates who are telling her about all the new roots they’re getting every day

@op she probably has a bf she hasn’t told you about

But nah my advice is don’t make a life decision on the hope something might happen with a girl

What?!!

1 Like

Not everyone you meet share the same path, sometimes you meet at one time point and that’s it.

You’re too young, neither of you have a life and career established to make much of a long distance thing. Love isn’t going to pay the bills.

What you had is a foreign exchange fling. It’s a fairly common situation. Enjoy it as a fling with memories you can always go back to. But keep moving in your life. I had wonderful moments with some people where we both understood that it was just a fling and lived for the moment. Moments over.

Good news is there will be other women. And if you play your cards right as a young man. Get a good job, keep yourself in good shape, work on being more interesting and gaining experiences. You’ll find even better women down the road.

One of the things looking back on some women I really wanted, I’m so glad nothing ever came out of it. It’s clear with some time that we would have clearly wanted different things in life and I would have hated her life.

1 Like

I know several couples that met when they studied abroad and some of them do make it work.

Yours is not gonna work though. She clearly isn’t in it for real.

1 Like

I disagree. My advice to any young man today is get married and have kids as early as possible. If I could redo my life I would have fought like hell for the woman of my dreams at 19 or 20, married with kids 21 or 22

2 Likes

Why? What’s a woman going to do for you at 20?

3 Likes

I don’t see it as what a woman can do for me.
I regret not marrying and starting a family in early 20s. All this sowing your seeds and playing the field and bars and clubs is bullshit. Our parents and generations before us knew the right path.

4 Likes