“Dating” over long distance?

Be a big boy. Let it go, Andrew :slight_smile:

Nope.

Try again. Or be patient and see what transpires.

Just fly to Taiwan and surprise her? So quit his job and go to a country with no long term visa. Sounds stupid once you think about the logistics of it.

Why can’t he just call her? And plan from there?

1 Like

You are the proverbial dog with a bone, aren’t you?

Yes, the OP should just do that.

Of course it’s stupid. The chances of success are not good. He’ll probably be on a six month visa-free visit, so if she doesn’t slam the door in his face they’ll have time to do whatever people exploring first love want to do. And if she does panic and run screaming to her parents then he has six months to do something different with his life. Yunno, have an adventure. The sort of thing you’re meant to do when you’re young without major responsibilities.

Do you only do things in your life which have a predicable positive outcomes? Jeeze, I would hate to be you, m’boy.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like a fun adventure, he already had the adventure part and the fun part. This sounds like an end to his future adventures in both funding and having to be responsible for a relationship.

1 Like

I’m so glad I’m not a girl.

You might have asked me out and I’m afraid I’d have to break your heart by saying, ‘Sorry, you’re too dull’.

Guess what, I’ve actually moved to another country to be with a girl. But we have a house, and car, money saved, and most importantly a plan to make it a real adventure. I’m doing fine in the fun department. What you’re saying to do is stupid.

Will she confirm this glowing presentation of your life together? You sure? You read her diary?

We actually communicated a plan and not stupidly do whatever ridiculous decisions that pop up.

I’m delighted you’ve found a girl who shares your view of life.

Best of luck to you both :slight_smile:

It’s in the heart and not distance!

let me give a third option.

date girls in the place you are living. or move to another place… and date girls there. thats how you do it.

all this hopping on a plane to meet the girl business… why would you need to do it if you have options?

3 Likes

Earlier Andrew kindly pointed out that:

‘We just all think you are coming off as a prick lol.’

After such a withering assessment it’s hard for me to think logically when my ego lies shattered in pieces on the floor, but I’ll try. However, if you sense my hand is shaking as I type these words I’m sure you’ll understand why.

BHL, you needn’t give me a third option. Offer it to the OP. Frankly, there are probably a million options open to the OP. He told a story and asked for advice. It was offered. I considered 99% of it to be complete nonsense and offered my own. It seemed to rattle some peoples cages. I’m now the forums very own prick. End of story.

How do I change my username?

so…
should @Andrew0409 respond as such?

1 Like

Sensing hand is shaking…

much agreed.

And more importantly … far far up the ladder … is a good boost in life…i.e rich woman and or rich parents :+1:

yes i was offering that third option to the OP.

fly to girl seems to have worked out for you. as for him i’m not sure he could just fly here and then get a job and live a life ect. so its better to sort that side of things out first, or you might end up sat naked on a rock with your life in ruins, like another poster.

1 Like

Well, you did it before. Have you forgotten how so soon?