Dating rich Taiwanese girls (and their traditional family relations)

Have you ever watch a movie titled, “Crazy Rich Asian”?
Gender reversed of course.

2 Likes

You don’t want kids. She does, and you think the big disadvantage is she can’t cook you dinner and clean up the hoose? :laughing:

12 Likes

Did she have servants/cooks when she was living in Europe?

2 Likes

How long have you been dating her?

Your relationship isnt going anywhere, the family and kids thing is a dealbreaker more so than the money. And a real man just tells the parents in law to keep out of it. Easier said than done in Taiwan but that’s the way it is. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

Jesus effing Christ…and I thought this place was a cesspool… :astonished:

3 Likes

Why is that guy from sales always named Kevin?

2 Likes

Or Terence

1 Like

Most people just ignore all the warning signs, have kids, and then scratch their heads when it all turns to shit. Just do that.
You can then also come back here for some hindsight advice.

5 Likes

Congrats, have fun!

3 Likes

Lol I’m sure he will be the one forced to use this

Actually in my limited experience no Taiwanese girl I have ever known wanted to or could cook
My last Taiwanese GF asked me how to tell when the kettle was boiling.

And they like to clean even less

Now I hear Filipinas are different
Had a Filipina GF once and my house was NEVER so clean

She didn’t cook though

Current Indonesian wife can cook but doesn’t want to
Can clean but doesn’t want to
The list of ‘doesn’t want to do’ is long

You will end up as her servant
and general gopher

3 Likes

No she didn’t. But she still didn’t cook but just ate out.

3.5 weeks only - but meeting 6 days a week. But yeah I didn’t expext her to tell me that I shall meet here parents anytime (soon).

She’s been testing out waters with her parents about kids however. She told me she asked her mom what she would think if she doesn’t have kids and got a reply that shocked her. Her mom told her it’s not so important because family name is only carried on by boys - so it’s very important her brothers have kids - but okay if she doesn’t. She’s very pissed of about that reply from her mom understandably… But yeah she already told me before her mom is much more conservative than her dad. Her dad likely will be more pushy about kids I guess therefore. I guess in good old conservative fashion that will also mean she will not inherit any of her parents money then (or at least if her mom survives her dad and dictates the will).

But yeah - just enjoying the relationship until May when I will go back to Europe to flee the heat was my plan all along - told her so in the beginning. I really enjoy the time with her now - and wan’t thinking much about the future before she told me that she rather soon wants to introduce her parents to me…

Haha don’t care much about cleaning. I do like good Chinese food however so yeah if it’s a going to be long term that is a minus point for sure - not to misunderstand that I want her to cook/clean up the house - I think it’s only fair to split that work up 50/50 - but if she cannot cook that would mean only me cooking or her needing to learn it.

1 Like

Good luck finding a Taiwanese girl who can cook good Chinese food…wrong country. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Aside from Kevin Lin/Chen/Chang.
Winston Wu always popular names as well.

3 Likes

Victor Lin… :+1:

Three weeks and three days
!!! You think way too much

Does she have tits? Go busy yourself with them
I’m guessing she will tire of your ass sooner than you think and you will be wondering what happened?

What happened ? The little Asian princess got tired of her toy. (You).

Have fun and stop thinking !!

5 Likes

Because this philosophy has gotten Tommy so far in life. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It actually has
I have actually so far out run anyone chasing me

3 Likes

Well that would be quite a change that I don’t expect. She is really doing a lot right now for our relationship (yes no cooking or cleaning, haha).

Taiwanese/Chinese girls I met living in Europe usually were very good cooks (but when it comes to cleaning some cleaning staff was much more common). But yeah maybe they just put in a lot of effort missing chinese food abroad.

I had been with a Chinese girls with loaded parents (jetsetting the world and owning some full houses - not flats - in China) before for over 7 years. We had a pretty fair relationship that ended just because our life goals diverted too much. Sworn myself any longterm girlfriend must be very sportive then - because sport and chosing to live close to mountains vs big city was the main thing separating us.