Dating rich Taiwanese girls (and their traditional family relations)

What are your experiences with dating upper class girls in Taiwan with traditional families?
I’m going out with a girl now who fits my lifestyle quite well, got good education in Europe, sportive enough to get into top 10 spots on Strava for females while hiking wherever we go, and right now not working waiting for her medical approbation in Taiwan but thinking about moving back to Europe in the future again. Parents owning some medical clinic here and she proposed to meet her parents we play golf together then go for dinner. Damn, haven’t played golf for ages but their handicaps aren’t super low so I think I can not embarras myself (other than yoga I think it’s one of my worst sports due to lack of doing it). As we both have quite a lot of free time, we have been meeting each other 5-6 days a week - but not sleeping with each other at night except while traveling for hiking trips / hotsprings due to her parents.

I guess she is interested in marriage. Very traditional family - so no sleepover (that the parents could know of before marriage) - at least that’s what it was for her elder sisters and brothers.
Unlike most Taiwanese they live in a Villa having at least 3 Ayis (all Taiwanese, not eastern Asian), not a flat but she moved back in with her parents after returning from Europe 2 years ago…

Well let’s see how it will progress. I guess she moves quite quickly because her parents want to see her married with children - the children part I told here right from the start I’m not interested in…

Some big disadvantages - she cannot cook (usually in my relationships with Asian girls, they could cook Asian dishes while I would cook European dishes) and yeah - any kind of housework is for servants… Easy to live like that in Taiwan - but different in Europe. Haha and of course not allowed to ride a scooter around - so it’s by car everywhere (that’s how the parents can easily notice if she comes back home at night…)

I have before dated a rich Taiwanese/Chinese girls - but they had all moved out from their parents place so very different.

Sounds like a complete nightmare tbh. I know some rich people in Taiwan but they are fairly normal. Anyone who allows their parents to have this much influence in their life is a big no.

7 Likes

If the disadvantages you’re listing are all easily learnable little life skills, then it’s probably not hopeless.

1 Like

If you are not in the same income class, you’ll likely be looked down upon. Unless your own income can sustain her lifestyle she’s had since being born.

15 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post:

27 Likes

Is she rich or wealthy?

Does she have money or only appear to have money?

Tread carefully!

2 Likes

it really depends on the family I think. I been a few nice rich parents homes, even overnight, some very chill (cool) and as non local get a pass on things like expecting to drive (I do drive which sometimes get a surprise haha from them). Most are nice and talk about my culture (Japanese) a lot, so its advantage, also most Japanese are middle class, less upper/lower classes which helps me out as middle of road person

Well my work/family situation isn’t too bad either - and I guess back in Europe we would have a more common lifestyle if we progress that far. I usually chose other sports over golf, and occassionally it could be good recovery activity.
And yeah I won’t change my mind over having children. There are plenty of reasons why I don’t want children and she knows them (but I guess that’s a point girls think they can alway change mens opinions).

Right now we split bills (actually she spends more as the car is on her) and it’s a bit the typical Chinese/Taiwanese fight who pays (so if not paying upfront in a restaurant, it’s the sneak out to toilet but actually settle the bill and so on).
But yeah I don’t know how much money they actually have. She is not really interested in money or luxury anyhow. Over new year we will go camping with friends and a decent hotel is plenty fine with her. She is kinda hiding their wealth I feel.

I’m more afraid that I just hava a Masters degree while in their family everyone has PHd - but then they are medical doctors of different kind. In my family only my sister is a doctor too.

1 Like

Her family has a lot of money - I have seen the villa their living in from outside. But then she rather tries to hide it. Driving a Prius and not some big SUV for example. Also no luxury clothes/bags or similar. I haven’t met her parents yet - maybe they aren’t as traditional as she tell me? Being traditional to sleeping over but closing their eyes on when it comes to travel, whatever fully knowing what is happening seems to be more what is going on.

2 Likes

I was on board until this part. Sounds like a potential deal-breaker. Also spotted by @hannes. There will most likely be a lot of pressure from the parents for kids, and children from rich families almost always do what their parents tell them to.

9 Likes

Is she rich or her parents are rich?. If she is living with her rich parents then she can easily afford fancy lifestyle. Then if u marry her she or mostly her parents would expect same from you to treat her. That’s never easy

Also make sure she is really into you before thinking about all that stuff. It’s common for girls to hangout with a guy all the time and yet not be interested in him romantically.

Either way, communication is always the best way

5 Likes

If you’re on Forumosa posting this then you’re playing way out of your league! (Assuming any of it is actually true).

2 Likes

I’ve got together with rich girls in Aspen, trailer trash in Canuckistan, and 100 shades in between. It’s all pink on the inside regardless of their social mileu.

That being said, in traditional Anglo cultures, such consumption of material goods smells of arriviste new money. If they were snobby to me, I would quickly tell them to fuck off and put on the straw peasant hat of their grandparents.

2 Likes

Classy … :roll:

5 Likes

I am talking about mouths. What did you think I was talking about?

1 Like

Yeah, it can be hard to know at the best of times what anybody really wants out of a relationship. And desiring children is a known cultural proclivity. It has the ring of a sounding out on that. So there’s already an indicator that this may not totally be about you. I’ve heard too many horror stories around this kind of thing. I’m not saying it’s disqualifying, but it behooves one to keep their wits about them.

1 Like

If you get married you have to have spousal permission for a vasectomy. Obviously, this isn’t concern #1, but it’s in the mix somewhere. It sounds like she has lots of siblings. What type of people did they marry and what were the expectations? It may also be that parents relax once they have other grandkids.

1 Like

Big problem she wants kids and you do not

Insurmountable problem which will lead to your breakup. Not maybe ….will

Unless you end up with kids

Just have fun with her before her family owns you

Not maybe … they WILL

5 Likes

They could always improvise :laughing:
:nsfw: Introducing the butt baby. No assembly required. : HolUp (reddit.com)

Don’t marry her. Too much of troubles. You even had to open thread here.

You giving her good sex. Maybe best. Or maybe just good enough. But soon this won’t be enough. Kevin from sales will come along and he will do one of those two

Sell a product you can not afford or impress her with his stamina.

1 Like