Dead fish all over South Danshui river

I’ve noticed this happens every year when the temperatures rise sharply. Doesn’t seem to have much to do with polution. Seems like the fish just don’t have enough time to get to better waters.

The articles linked further up mention that the EPA has investigated, not pollution, just a drop in Oxygen levels along with the rising temperatures. The first lot of Plum rains are heading our way apparently and should rectify the Oxygen levels in the rivers.

That’s not true. The river is VERY polluted. What the investigators seem to have concluded is that the pollution level doesn’t seem to be higher than usual.

2 Likes

It was that high. Some place, it was 40c

In August 2017 the fish die off was, from what I’ve seen, larger than this year. They had crews out working for 2-3 days to clean up the mess.

I believe that another such event, albeit on a smaller scale, happened about a year later.

Drop a few sharks in there, clean it up in no time. Only problem will be trying to get rid of the fockers afterwards I suppose.

1 Like

Danshui river fish would probably toast the sharks.

1 Like

51lsR6vIEpL

3 Likes

This might be sort of a stupid question, but isn’t Danshui down river from Zhonghe where all the fish died?

2 Likes

or not jk? :scream:

1 Like