Dead mosquitos everywhere, wtf

Well, look at it this way. Are you tagging and following each mosquito from egg to death? This mosquito didnt likely die today. It has lived a week or whatever and its just because you have a steady stream that there is a never ending supply.

Another possible reason is with the recent extreme heat, they heat stroke out at the window and die there.

Could be mostly males and a lack of food in your place. There are multiple reasons, but i doubt very mu ch they emerge as adults and die the same day…

Do you have a really, really small cat? :thinking:

5 Likes

*sheaths katana * my job is done here.

Any gaspipes, chimneys etc. nearby?

3 Likes

Genuinely perplexed. There’s really no way enough air would be recirculated from a neighbouring apartment, if they were running one of those plugins, to kill so many is there? Do you smell cooking smells from neighbouring apartments? Also what floor are you on? If it is 1 or 2nd floor maybe the post about sewer spraying is on the money. But I’ve never heard of this happening.

Wild theory, for entertainment value more than anything else. Maybe they came around spraying and somehow sprayed a shetload of insecticide in the air intake on the external ventilation unit. Or maybe some chemical happy resident dumped some insecticide in there? I noticed in Taiwan, often these units are out almost on the street, in very accessible places.

Newbie question: How long do mosquitos live, ballpark.

The lifespan of mosquitos really varies by species, with the majority of mature female mosquitoes living just two to three weeks.

Mosquitos suck

2 Likes

Except when they’re dead, that is. Just sayin’.

Males suck plant sap, not blood. You’re probably not big on plants in the house?

I hate it when that happens. I’d much prefer a string quartet.

5 Likes

Thats why i mentioned it, the ladies have people as food. I am fine with plants in the house, but i dont complain about mosquitoes in the house either :wink:

@OliviaLinToo good one. Phone didnt register the b. Breeding.