Dead mosquitos everywhere, wtf

Literally every morning I wake up I find at least 10-15 dead mosquitos in my living room and another 10 in the bathroom. They aren’t living. Totally dead. So I get rid of them, go to work, and when I come home that night there are another 10 or so in the living room and bathroom again. Dead again.

Anyone know what could be up? I’ve heard of mosquito problems in Taiwan, but I’m at a loss as to why they keep dying so rapidly. It’s a constant barrage of wave after wave of dead mosquito corpses showing up in my home.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s been a particularly brutal mosquito season.

2 Likes

But I just dont get why they dont seem to be living more than a day. Or if they are, why they keep showing up dead in the same places like this. With the numbers and frequency of dead ones I’m seeing, I feel like the air should be filled with 1000 of them at any given moment.

I’m more concerned about the flying ones to be honest :slight_smile: I have no idea why that would happen. Not sure if good or concerning

2 Likes

I am very neurotic about keeping mosquitoes out of my apartment. Being on the 8th floor, we are a little lucky, but still as soon as I see one in my apt I drop everything to kill it. How are so many mosquitoes getting into your apartment? Through air ducts? I wouldn’t worry about why they’re dying… I’d worry about why so many are in your residence in the first place!

4 Likes

two thoughts that come to mind are drought and pest control

1 Like

Does your neighbor use one of those plug in room sprayers that kill mosquitoes? They might be getting hit by that and then flying into your place.

3 Likes

Do you live in Taoyuen? Pretty much everything dies early there.

1 Like

I would be more concerned about the fact that there are so many mosquitos in your living room in the first place, dead or alive. I have like three on a bad day.

1 Like

Maybe the sewer us getting sprayed and they are coming up and dying from that . Whatever it is it’s likely to be temporary.
They will come through the gaps in the false ceiling and through the air ducts also. If you get a plague of them seal up the gaps in the bathroom ceiling and the air duct.

Spray bottle full of ethanol or windex. :wink:

You’re welcome.

You don’t need accuracy, several of the drops will hit them and they’ll drop like flies.

Pun intended.

4 Likes

That plug in always disorients them first and they fly around randomly before dropping.
It disorients me too so had to stop using it before I dropped

3 Likes

That’s totally not normal.

2 Likes

I’d be concerned. Is this a modern apartment or an old 4/5 level gongyu ?

Yeah, not normal, and concerning.

OP, tell us more. If you’re finding dead skeeters in your home, then there must be live ones too. Otherwise, how in earth did the dead ones get there…

How many live mosquitoes are typically in your apartment on a random day?

1 Like

Semi new building? Hard to say.

I definitely have live mosquitoes. At any given moment probably at least 2-3 flying around the space. But the numbers of dead ones popping up now every day is weird.

Just today have about 10 or so in the bathroom and over a dozen in my living room. All dead. Currently a couple flying about, but not really bothersome.

Are they surely mosquitos?

1 Like

yup

Isnt dead good? You either have leaks in your house (windows, doors, drains, shower exhaust fans, kitchen exhaust fan etc) or they are reeding in your house. Do you have water related decorations like jars of water with plants, fish tanks or boots left in the rain? They only need ashot glass of water to breed and be a problem.

Likely its nonormal, you just have a lot of mosquitoes an they tend to be either attracted to the lilight of the window and die there trying to escape (bees and flies as well) or they are dead everywhere and thats just easier to notice…

yes i have a lot of mosquitos. the building does. its quite apparent in the stairwells and hallways. im just confused why they die everyday. my floors look like a battlefield in the morning and at night.

again, i get my building has mosquitos. im just puzzled as to whats causing them to keep showing up dead

2 Likes