Deadwood quotes

“I’ll handle my areas but there’s dimensions and f’ucking angles I’m not expert at you would be, if you’d sheath your prick long enough, resumed being the upright pain-in-the-balls that graced us all last summer.”

Al Swearengen

“Get a fucking haircut. Looks like your mother fucked a monkey.”

Al Swearengen

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]“Get a f**ing haircut. Looks like your mother fcked a monkey.”

Al Swearengen[/quote]

“Yup. Juust that affectionate…”

Johnny Burns

“That dropped eye looks like a hood onna ct to me Jack, when your mouth moves it looks like a cu moving” -
Wild Bill Hickcock to the coward Jack McCall

“Cock SUCKA!!
San FanCISCO cock sucka!!”

Mr. Wu

“ARSE! FECK! GIRLS!”

Jack

Dan Doerty: Come on, Adams, Al’s a-waitin’ on you
Adams: Not yet. I got to take a shit.
Dan Doerty: It can wait
Adams: It ain’t the kind that can wait. Good news is, it ain’t the kind that takes too long, neither

cool, i only caught two episodes but loved 'em…think I’ll buy myself a lat xmas present and contribute to this thread later.

I saw this for the first time the other night and I have to say that it looked like a show comprised of a series of quotes. Cowboy tough guy posturing, then a quote. Somehow didn’t seemed all linked up.

Erh, I also really didn’t understand what people were saying half the time - low voiced grumbles, like Johnny Cash smacked out of his brain or somthing. Odd. “Neettin yeran frick allaowallabichin zhij shov . . .padre.” Is it Croatian?

I’m willing to give it another go because there are indeed some brilliant lines . . I just hope I can understand 'em better next time.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Erh, I also really didn’t understand what people were saying half the time - low voiced grumbles, like Johnny Cash smacked out of his brain or somthing. Odd. “Neettin yeran frick allaowallabichin zhij shov . . .padre.” Is it Croatian?

I’m willing to give it another go because there are indeed some brilliant lines . . I just hope I can understand 'em better next time.
HG[/quote]
EeegZAKly! Me TOO!

And I’m not even native speaker. Well, neither are you, HG, not technically speaking anyway. But you’re closer to it.
I said to the chief I said “Well, I’m sure this Deadthing is real funny, but can I have them with subs, cuz I can’t understand a word they’re saying?” and he said “NO! You retard! Gimme back those CDs! What was I thinking, giving them to a girl! A CROATIAN girl! Jeeez!”

Thank god you dared to speak out on our behalf, HG! I thought I was really retarded.

Er… no, that’s not Croatian. That’s Estonian. Sorry. Can’t help you there.

Thanks for clearing that up Tash. I’m now more convinced than ever that what these fine quotes listed above are about, is that they are the only bits anyone understand.

So, by way of example, in a whole hour, all Chief got to undertsand was “Yup. Juust that affectionate…”. Now I don’t deny that alone is some acheivement, and worthy of posting, but it is kind of like getting out a single clue from the Times cryptic crossword.

Don’t sweat it Tash, we’re no retards. I’m figuring there’s some weird conspiracy. I suspect this show was written by cram school owners and designed for English teachers to drop on their advanced students to humiliate them into signing up for another ten years of English classes. “Hah! Twenty years of Americanishe Englishee huh? Try this . . .”

But Estonian, eh? Well I’ll be damned. Whatever next? What bastards!

HG

EB Farnum: Be brief!

Calamity Jane: Be FUCKED!!!

“Go wash yer mouth. You got seven kindsa cockbreath.”

Trixie the Whore

I’ve been plowing through every episode the past couple of weeks and I’m nearly caught up to the end of the third season. Yeah, yeah, Swear-gin (as Wu would say) is awesome, but the true hidden gem of the show is E.B. Farnum. That guy is an absolute cockroach, but he gets all the best bon mots.

But the best quote by far has to be, “My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those who doubt me, suck cock by choice!” I wish I could somehow work that into daily conversation.

E.B. Farnum: Separate rooms, I’ll arrange that by tomorrow, but today I can’t fix it, unless you kill a guest.

Jane: You with that ugly fuck by your own free will, Doc?
Doc: Yes, yes I am. I’d rather be lucky than smart.

Al : You want a blow job while I talk to you?
Judge: No.
Al : I wasn’t offering personally.

Jack McCall: Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere? I mean how stupid do you think I am?
Wild Bill Hickok: I don’t know. I just met you.

and my favorite Al quote of Season 1…

“God rest the souls of that poor family… and pussy’s half price for the next 15 minutes.”

and a quote not from a deadwood character… but from W. Earl Brown who plays Dan…

On playing “Warren” in There’s Something About Mary (1998): “The character was retarded - he wasn’t an idiot. Of all the idiots I’ve known in my life, none of them were retarded.”

love that

Perhaps someone here knows the answer to this.

Wu’s character seems to speak Cantonese. I’ve picked out several times where he’s said gweilo, and whenever he says China, it’s very similar to Mandarin’s Zhongguo. I was wondering if anyone knows what “hendai” means in Cantonese? Wu says this frequently to Al while crossing his fingers to show that they’re allied.

[quote=“alidarbac”]Perhaps someone here knows the answer to this.

Wu’s character seems to speak Cantonese. I’ve picked out several times where he’s said gweilo, and whenever he says China, it’s very similar to Mandarin’s Zhongguo. I was wondering if anyone knows what “hendai” means in Cantonese? Wu says this frequently to Al while crossing his fingers to show that they’re allied.[/quote]

I thought he was inviting Al over to check out his hentai collection…