Dealing with a serious mojo low

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Yellow Cartman wrote:

What a depressing thought.[/quote]

Yeah Wolf I gotta laugh at that one… Just what I need when I’m feeling down is a visit from the missionaries to remind me how I’m a lost soul…

but i know some excellent missionaries. i know a lady missionary is really keen on listening to people’s problems.

OK folks, please listen up, this is really serious.
I’m in a terrible low at the mo, and I suffered the same thing about 7 years ago. It has to do with brain chemicals (of course) and I need the right medication. Also, I have a friend here from home who suffers from the same thing… and we both have rampant insomnia.
I’ve already been to Community Services and although talk therapy won’t do any harm, I really, really need that medication to kick-start the balancing process in my brain, and NOBODY WILL LISTEN TO ME! The problem is that I can’t take Prozac or Zoloft (BAD side-effects) - and I can’t remember what it was that I was prescribed in South Africa, where after only three months I was so well that I was weaned off the stuff. All people want to feed me here are the above-mentioned two products!
My friend, on the other hand, went to the Tai-da hospital clinic (as recommended in a previous post here and after hearing my lowdown on the Centre) and was promptly given a prescription. I was especially jealous of the anti-insomnia stuff, because I still haven’t been given anything that WORKS. I planned to go to the clinic, too. But I had an e-mail from him today, saying that the pills actually kept him more awake than ever, with heart palpitations, cold sweat, inability to focus his eyes or get an erection, etc. It seems like exactly the opposite from what he actually needed!
All I want is what I was given before: Tranquilizers, in my case Xanor, which was excellent because I SLEPT; and something other than Prozac and Zoloft.
How difficult can it be?
Does anybody have any recommendation where I can go, who to see, ANYTHING to help here?
We’re really in a crisis and would appreciate any REAL HELP, please.

How about sleeping pills? You can ask your doctor to prescribe you sleeping pills. Many different kinds. I heard they don’t sell sleeping pills over the counter here that’s why your doctor would need to prescribe them.

banshette,

quick, go look at this post: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 326#266326](Prozac

Regardless of what you end up with, you can go to the pharmacy I mention and get whatever you need, especially if you can remember what you took before that worked.

I talk about going on Wellbutrin which is working great for me with NO insomnia and NO sexual side effects, both of which I had with Prozac and Zoloft. Another poster in that topic talks about the antidepressant Effexor working well for her. I was taking 5-HTP before, but it can cause problems with your gut which eventually caught up with me.

Please let us know if you need any other help.

From random reading over time, it’s not possible to pick one and say that’s gonna work; it is an individual trial-and-error process. Your best bet would be to contact your former doctor or clinic in SA and ask them what your records show.

Prozac and Zoloft are both SSRIs, so if you’re stuck randomly trying drugs, you may want to avoid SSRI’s initially and give other classes (tricyclics, SNRI’s) first priority.

Also, knowing exactly when you were on medication previously might narrow down the field, since you could find out what drugs were available at the time in SA, and also which ones were popular (i.e., subsidized, being advertised, etc. by the drug companies or government).

To hell with meds.

DAILY EXERCISE

…in large doses. This therapy takes at least 30 minutes to kick in. It will cost you nothing but time. It’s not hard on your gut. Exercise your ass off.

Our bodies are genetically encoded for hours of physical work every day. Living our our modern, sedentary lives causes all sorts of chemical imbalances in our brains and other organs. Just try it.

Mojo: An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
She just needs a new one of these…wonder what items we can put inside?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Mojo: An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
She just needs a new one of these…wonder what items we can put inside?[/quote]
I have fingernail clippings, hair, John Conqueroo, a little flake of gold, a piece of turquoise, and some other stuff in mine.

I believe that besides exercise (regularly), being with social with the right people are good enough for most people. I sometimes think that we tend to be too “pill-oriented” as if that’s the magic bullet for all our ills.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I found the pharmacy and they have stock :smiley:
Now I must only find a doctor who can give a correct prescription, as the one I took to the pharmacy was botched-up (no dosage, no amount of pills) and I refuse to go back to that doctor, who obviously couldn’t care less about monitoring the medication or the situation. :raspberry: