Dealing with the BS of living here *rant*

I’ve only posted here a couple of times, and occasionally just watch from afar. But being that I am without family, I need a bit of an outlet for the moment. So bare with me.

I’m walking my dog in the park tonight on her leash and another dog comes over and jumps all over my dog and my dog is obviously distressed by this. Normally she like to romp but this other dog was bit to big for her. So, as I was trying to separate the dogs, I had to eventually kick the other dog to get it off of my dog. And in doing that I kicked the owner who, after several lazy calls decided that it was time to get their dog.

Well, the owner decided to get nasty to me and try to cuss me out. At that point I was ready to go hit him in the head. We stood head to head as he, obviously not cut out to take on such a bold move on my part, decided to tell me that his dog was a puppy. A Lab that was at least 30 kg, much larger than my dog. Yet, never once used the leash. And every time, I would walk away, he would spit out his limited insults in English.

I can’t understand how to deal with the TWese when it comes these matters. Either they are ready to jump in a tree when they see my dog. Or they want to call it as if it’s theirs. Or they just let their dogs do anything to my dog (I assume, largely, that is a power play) Also, work has been getting under my skin.

I’m at the point where I’m ready to fight for my right to walk my dog in peace.

I’m done…

I understand completely.

That’s horrible. :frowning:

Take it easy, it will get better. Some days are just bad.

I don’t know how you’d deal with them, but my sister told me jsut the other day that she had a similar experience with a shaven-headed thug in Glasgow walking an unleashed pitpull, as is the wont of shaven-headed thugs in that part of the country.
They also went head to head, but unfortunately for the thug, my 120-pound sister has been a judo blackbelt for 20 years and put the bloke in a chokehold on the ground – on top of his dog!

[quote=“Buttercup”]That’s horrible. :frowning:

Take it easy, it will get better. Some days are just bad.[/quote]

well it’s been bad for a couple of months, and Hai Guaning or how ever you write it in pinyin isn’t tatooed on my forehead. I’m not a doormat nor is my dog. I work hard and just want to take a nice walk with my well behaved dog on her leash around the park in peace.

Arrrghhhh. Thank you.

Well, you can’t just go around kicking dogs and people. It’s not nice, you know. Imagine how he feels. And his dog.

Maybe you need to relax before you go walk your dog. I don’t know. Just trying to help.

But kicking is not nice.

A.T.

Well, you can’t just go around kicking dogs and people. It’s not nice, you know. Imagine how he feels. And his dog.

Maybe you need to relax before you go walk your dog. I don’t know. Just trying to help.

But kicking is not nice.

A.T.[/quote]

Ah, the point of walking my dog is to relax. And it wasn’t an intentional kick to the owner, as I was really trying to use my only free body part to seperate the dogs. I had other stuff in my hands as well as my dog on a leash. Imagine how he feels? Sure after I put him in the ground for not keeping his dog under control after he sees that it’s really affecting me from walking in peace. :fume:

head butt him and brake his nose

But kicking is not nice.

A.T.[/quote]

Ah, the point of walking my dog is to relax. And it wasn’t an intentional kick to the owner, as I was really trying to use my only free body part to separate the dogs. I had other stuff in my hands as well as my dog on a leash. Imagine how he feels? Sure after I put him in the ground for not keeping his dog under control after he sees that it’s really affecting me from walking in peace. :fume:[/quote]
If it wasn’t an intentional kick and you weren’t looking for a fight, the normal course of action would be to apologize and thereby defuse the situation.

A.T.

Desparado Housewife wrote [quote]after I put him in the ground[/quote] :astonished:

:slight_smile: It might be better to kill a few cold ones. In fact, becoming a drunkard would be the best long-term solution. It helps dull the pain, especially for us sensitive types.

[quote=“TPFKAT”]If it wasn’t an intentional kick and you weren’t looking for a fight, the normal course of action would be to apologize and thereby defuse the situation.
A.T.[/quote]
:unamused: […] If a man with a big dog gets into a power play with a woman with a smaller dog, the only “normal course of action” is smack the f**kers down. Apologise for walking her dog on a lead and being hassled by an obviously irresponsible douche bag and his untrained cur? WTF?

DesperateHousewife, I hear ya! When I lived in Zhong He and had to walk my dogs in the park most nights I had similar incidents on a regular basis. If you can’t move to the mountains like we did, maybe next time you could sit down with the a**hole and his dog and have a good talk about their “feelings”! :loco: :laughing:

Insult removed by moderator

Rather than a head butt, and risk injuring yourself, I suggest you take a few pints to the park with you. After drinking one, if someone does something ignorant enough that it raises your ire (especially after medicating yourself), well, let 'em have with the empty bottle, and then down the other - just to relax and even things out again. Then, go on and walk your doggy. :wink:

Bodo

That’s an idiotic notion.

It obviously wasn’t her intention to kick the owner of the other dog. She didn’t go out with the intention of kicking dogs and people. She kicked in self defense of her dog.

This is a problem in Taiwan. I carry a stick with me when I walk my two dogs because I don’t like hitting and kicking dogs, and I don’t relish berating thier irresponsible and inconsiderate owners either. Now, when a strange dog approaches, I merely raise the stick and the dog retreats.

Its not the ideal situation, but, it beats kicking and hitting dogs and berating absolute moron humans. Well, I admit, I did get pleasure from berating the dimwitted fuckers.

Its obvious that this occurs all too often to the OP… it occured frequently to me and my dogs until I started carrying a stick… she is pissed off at idiotic behavior of another and there is no way she should have apologized. I sure as fuck would not have.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, walking a dog in peace is a pretty rare event. As for the kick …well if the other dog was biting yer dog than sure do what you have to do to protect your baby but roughhousing is to be expected as are asshole owners.

There was no correct way to handle that one he was an ass and you have to bear with it.
You have to remember that you live in a place where people with dogs will let their animal take a shit on the sidewalk and leave it there because there should not have to clean it up, but will try and tear you a new asshole for asking them to stop spitting on your shoe.

I have two dogs and I live in a pretty mountanious area but I still get fucked with everyday dog wise.

Manners and consideration are pretty much non-existant in public areas get used to it. the sooner you do the easier the transition will be.

good luck and keep us posted

[quote=“shifty”]You have to remember that you live in a place where people with dogs will let their animal take a shit on the sidewalk and leave it there because there should not have to clean it up, but will try and tear you a new asshole for asking them to stop spitting on your shoe.

Manners and consideration are pretty much non-existant in public areas get used to it. the sooner you do the easier the transition will be.
[/quote]

Have to post an exception I saw yesterday; a guy with a ziploc bag as a glove picking up his dog’s shit in the middle of a busy crossroads. :noway: Some people are good about taking care of their dogs.

[quote=“almas john”]Desparado Housewife wrote [quote]after I put him in the ground[/quote] :astonished:
:slight_smile: It might be better to kill a few cold ones. In fact, becoming a drunkard would be the best long-term solution. It helps dull the pain, especially for us sensitive types.[/quote]
Kick 'im in the nuts 1st.
Disregard the apologists who want to twist everything into making it your fault.
Stand your ground or get run into it.
And then sweetly say…“Pai Say…Pai Say” while smiling and walking away. :bow:

I’ve been around dogs all my life, including a noxious few of the two-legged variety.
Here’s a proven recipe for success with those hounds whose owners have neglected their responsibilities:
A firm stance is what is needed, with a slight ‘crazy eyes’ twinkling visage. Make & hold eye contact.
Hold the perimeter, and await for the inevitable exposing of the flanks.
Insert thin edge of wedge.
Apply schwerpunkt.

[color=green]“Nicht kleckern, klotzen!” [/color]H.W. Guderian

I do sympathize with you on the out of control dog thing.

However, I wonder how much it really bothers your dog to have another dog run up and try to play with it, or smell its ass, or lick its nose, chomp at it or even get in a full on fight with it. When was the last time you did any of those things for your dog? I think dogs need that kind of attention.

Do you allow your dog to interact with other dogs much? A walk I would think is a great opportunity for that kind of thing.

When Gustav was a younger man, he’d try mounting other dogs. Mounting is usually a power play, and not necessarily sexual - in fact in his case it was definitely a power-play thing as he had been fixed before reaching sexual maturity. We quickly let him know that that behaviour was inacceptable. It isn’t very hard to teach a dog not to mount other dogs, as there are other ways that dogs establish dominance with each other. Anyway, he never mounts other dogs now, and I don’t let other dogs mount him (seems only fair). He loves to play and chase with other dogs, but if another dog tries the mounting thing, he becomes distinctly uncomfortable and seeks my protection.

At Lotus Hill, I often meet other dog owners that won’t/don’t/can’t control their dogs. I offer sharp rebukes to the owners and as for their dogs, if they’re harrassing Gustav, I pick them up by the scruff and toss them. If the dogs come running back, I toss them again. I’ve tossed full-grown golden retrievers into the bushes. It’s hard to say who is more shocked - the owners or the dogs. :smiley:

Thanks everyone for your support. I don’t mind the mounting as I don’t feel as if it’s harmful to the other dogs or my dog. She does it and occationally I let it be done to her, as she’s fixed. Dogs are just expressing themselves. But if the growling enters the picture then I step in.

I used to let her run freely but since my walking hours have changed, I have to walk her at night and the park is rather crowed with people, so out of consideration for others( because my dog is Mz. friendly I wanna know everyone) I keep her on a leash until we get to our open running spot.

There was no way in heck I was gonna say sorry to some else especially when they refused to see how inconsiderate their behavior was. Generally, I have no problem in giving appologies. I see no loss of face on my part but I’m not going to be someone’s doormat either.