Death penalty: a good thing?

The death penalty doesn’t do anything contructive, it just makes people feel better (mabye that is constructive). You could just tell everyone that a person was put to death and hide him/her somewhere never to be seen again and it would have the same effect.

Bread and circus I say.

But then you have to spend millions of taxpayers dollars to hide the offender away. Rehabilition’s not an option, they’re not getting out. Why spend my money to give a degree, home, cable tv and gym facilities to a murderer for the rest of his life?

I didn’t mean to really do it, I just meant the effect would be the same. I think some more creative could be done than killing a person. That seems so 1970s BC.

We could send them all to Malaysia to make Nikes. At least they’d be productive. Or a South Pacific island, but that’s already been done. :slight_smile:

I’m for the execution when its beyond any doubt. I think having two standards-- one for conviction and one for execution-- is better than at present. Capital crimes would be the only acceptable reason for capital punishment.

I’d also like to have prison workers forced to work for their upkeep. Make prisons profitable. Treat them well, but make them work. They don’t work they don’t eat (well).

I also like educating prisoners when they come in uneducated. Many commit crimes simply because they don’t feel they can make it lawfully. Help them get the skills to succeed outside of prison.

Ah, nuttin like sitting on both sides of the fence. :slight_smile:

Or do things things The Running Man style. (What am I doing posting in International Politics?) Profitable and fun.

Or do things things The Running Man style. (What am I doing posting in International Politics?) Profitable and fun.[/quote]

You KNOW you love it in here! :slight_smile:

Cranial exercise.

I think there should be a prison reality show. 10 studly guys get sent up to San Quinten for a month. Watch as they get gangraped in their cells. Gasp as they get gang raped in the laundry room. Chuckle as the gaurd strolls by looking out the window. Revell as they stir toilet bowl moonshine for they he-bitches.

There are LOTS of ways of turning society around. They used to put heads on pikes. I say, put them bastards on tv…crying for mama.

I don’t understand why the death penalty is OK, but assisted suicide isn’t (granted, I haven’t thought about it much).

How about assisted suicide with Louisville sluggers?

[quote=“jdsmith”]
I think there should be a prison reality show. 10 studly guys get sent up to San Quinten for a month. Watch as they get gangraped in their cells. Gasp as they get gang raped in the laundry room. Chuckle as the gaurd strolls by looking out the window. Revell as they stir toilet bowl moonshine for they he-bitches.[/quote]I think that this would qualify as cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the constitution.
I’m surprised the trend toward privatizing the penal system hasn’t lead to outsourcing. Export the prison population to someplace where they could incarcerate the prisoners for less burden on the taxpayer. :bulb: Maybe the Chinese could use some more slave laborers to hold their costs down…

[quote=“hsiadogah”][quote=“jdsmith”]
I think there should be a prison reality show. 10 studly guys get sent up to San Quinten for a month. Watch as they get gangraped in their cells. Gasp as they get gang raped in the laundry room. Chuckle as the gaurd strolls by looking out the window. Revell as they stir toilet bowl moonshine for they he-bitches.[/quote]

I think that this would qualify as cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the constitution.
I’m surprised the trend toward privatizing the penal system hasn’t lead to outsourcing. Export the prison population to someplace where they could incarcerate the prisoners for less burden on the taxpayer. :bulb: Maybe the Chinese could use some more slave laborers to hold their costs down…[/quote]

Well, in my defense, the guys on Survivor: San Quinten would sign waivers.

In your defense…way to fucking go man! Outstanding post!

Who are you again?? :slight_smile: