Debating on riding a scooter?

And people are buying bikes…as in bicycles for that much too!

Seriously.

It is too expensive, thats why I cant justify paying 88,000 for the new Giant E Bikes. Xiaomi makes one for like 15k but you cant buy it in Taiwan

That was our average price for bicycles at the last bike shop I worked at before coming to Taiwan. We had bikes there over US$10,000 (no motor).

And, good luck finding a used Harley in Taiwan for less than three times that!

And…this is why I’m sticking with my NT$20,000 scooter. :grin:

Now that’s a good price for a vehicle. Anyone who spends more than that on something that’s not motorized and self propelled, clearly has issues.

And still running “strong like bull” after five years of almost daily use.

I’m actually surprised that shocks you, since I know you are into cycling.

I forgot my sarcasm tags in the previous 3-4 posts in this thread.

Remind me again if you can off the top of your head how much is the gogoro 2 for ROC nationals. I know we get some sort of subsidized price. And I’d like to be eco friendly with my scooter riding.

Brother @ranlee is a bit of an expert in that department. He recently went through the whole experience as he bought a Gogoro 2. I’ll let him fill you in.

Retail is…79k (ish), for the Gogoro 2+ (you want the 2+, not the 2) and after incentives you can bring it down to roughly 60k. Retail price doesn’t include paperwork and any transaction fees with the DMV for your plates. Which, if I remember, roughly adds up to 2000-3000NT.

If you have relatives that have residency based in Taoyuan, which has the highest government incentives, you can have the final price of somewhere around 40K.

For more info, check it:

Welcome to PM me if you got any specific questions.

Exactly this. With freedom comes responsibility. Well, driving in taipei is a bit dangerous, there is just not enough space left on the road. I did enjoy riding more in kaohsiung. I took risk and drove in taipei. Love it, and am faster, way faster than taiwanese, but at the same have more sense for others and for traffic rules. Am strange dude, i even loved ride in saigon. Total chaos and full excitment.

I used to do a lot of professional bycling from race to downhill bikes, so have a lot of love and feeling for scooters naturally. Was awsome in countryside, while in hsinchu it depends on time. Summer late mornings ~ 9 am were bloody hot. Waiting under hot sun, with another 100 scooters, for green light, just misserable experience.

I do not know why commuting is considered wasting of time. I mean you can read, write post for formosa.

Get youself a heavy scooter and ride sometimes, when you are late after morning sex. But take mrt usually

1 Like

:joy:

taiwanese drive too slow? thats news to me. they are way too fast going around the corners into crossing pedestrians if you ask me.

1 Like

And it took you 2 years to notice that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Some of the worst driving Ive seen… be careful if riding a scooter.

1. Drive against oncoming traffic for convenience
  2. Cross the double yellow line many times to hog up the road
  3. Fail to turn on headlights at night or rainy days (scooters and cars)
  4. Park at bus stops
  5. Park at red and yellow no parking/no stopping areas
  6. Park half the car on the sidewalk
  7. Racing on highways
  8. Excessive Random unnecessary turns
  9. Racing through blind turns on narrow mountain road
  10. Driving in the middle of 2 lanes so no cars can pass
2 Likes

He’ll tell you in 2022.

1 Like

Do you have to ride the cab to work? how far is work from the MRT?

You do know that you can buy the month pass for 1280 that includes 30 minutes of U bike for free right? So you can take U bike to work rather than cab and your transport cost is fixed at 1280. But if you wanted Gogoro the bike is almost 70,000NT but monthly unlimited battery charge is 800 a month…

you decide.

But it’s no use when a Ubike station is far away from the office.

U bike station are never more than 15 minutes walk away from each other…