Debbie's: A newly-opened restaurant in Taoyuan

Hi, My name is Debbie. My husband, Arthur, and I have just opened our restaurant “Debbie’s” on Dayou rd. in Taoyuan City. It’s been a month since we opened. We do not have a fancy menu but we serve good food and the prices are reasonable. Here are some things about us.

1. Our brunch is served from 10:30am-2:00pm Tue-Fri, 9:00am-2:00pm on the weekends, and we are closed on Mondays.
  2. Starting from 11:30am-10:00pm for the entire menu, our kitchen last call is at 9:30pm.
  3. Starters such as Buffalo wings and nachos, Burgers, burritos, salads, spaghettis, sandwiches, soft drinks, beers, sweets are all in our menu.
    We are looking forward to your visit. :laughing:

I have been to Debbie’s quite a few times. Those who live in Taoyuan will know that a lot of foreigners live in Da You road, and at last we have a nice place to eat here. Debbie’s is the best thing that happened to our community. The food is great and comes at a very good price and fast as well. American breakfast for 160 dollars and free refills on your coffee. Try to beat that.
I am trying to work my way through the whole menu, so far I had the american breakfast, burrito, cheese burger, bacon burger and chicken salad, and they are all great. Debbie is a very nice and accomadating host who speaks great english. They even have a root beer float thats awesome. And the brownie’s are out of this world. All those who live in Taoyuan can make the trip to Da You road, it’s definitely worth it.

I’ve just come back from there. Ms Jade and I went there for an early lunch/brunch. They are situated on 419 Da You Rd, Taoyuan City. (Tel: 03-3151019)

We met with the owner Debbie, who speaks English very well. I was pleasantly surprised, the moment we walked in! The whole place is done in sort of a modern diner style - NO cheap Taiwanese kitsch to be seen anywhere!

I decided to go for the “Deluxe omelet” from the brunch menu and Ms Jade ordered a cheese burger. We also saw “mashed potatoes” under starters and being lovers of potato, we just had to order it too. What I appreciate about the owner is that she warned us immediately that it was cold mashed potato and she asked us if we were sure that we still wanted it. Intrigued by the idea of cold mash as a starter, we decided to give it a try anyway.

Our food was served after only a very short wait. However strange cold mash potato must sound, it was absolutely delicious! It is served in small scoops of potato in a bowl, topped with crispy bacon bits, chopped spring onion and some sour cream.

My omelet last light and fluffy and not oily at all. I had the Deluxe which was filled with cheese, onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and some bacon. It came with 2 triangles of toast and some butter. This was arguably the best omelet I’ve had in a very long time!

Ms Jade kept telling me how impressed she was with her cheese burger. It is of a very decent size and was presented in a very appetising way. It looks and tastes “home made” in that the beef patty doesn’t seem store bought. It was made by hand. Of course I had to help Ms Jade finish her chips (french fries) and I have to say that they taste much better than the ones you will get from KFC, McDonalds or TGI Friday’s!

I was even impressed by the fact that they had English newspapers as well as some English books on their shelves including 1984 by George Orwell and Wild Swans by Jung Chang. Yes, and they have fantastic 80’s music too!

All in all a great venue with good, honest food, a friendly owner and clean bathroom. I will most certainly go there again!

PS: Oh and did I mention our bill came to only NT$440 for the two of us, including a Coke and a bottomless coffee.

We thank you for the positive comments and we will endeavor to keep up the good work and bring you more delicious choices. Please let us know if you have any concerns.

This is the place Taoyuan has been waiting for. Its set up like diner. Great food, friendly service, bright cheery atmosphere. This is the place to try. If you need a taste of home, its here waiting for you.

I had a simple cheese burger, substituted my fries for a salad, and coffee. Nice…really nice. Nothing typical Taiwanese style about it.
190 for the burger n fries(substituted salad).

Menu includes things like chicken Caesar salad, to burritos to sandwiches and brunch to die for (or so I’ve heard).

Try it!

I’ve eaten at Debbie’s three times now–twice in one day! As others have said, Debbie’s has delicious American style food, served in a clean, comfortable setting, at reasonable prices.

Since arriving in Taoyuan two months ago, I had eaten Western food only twice (at McDonalds and Fridays), so on my first visit to Debbie’s I made up for lost time and ordered a bacon cheeseburger and fries. The burger came piled high with lettuce, tomato, and onions, and the meat was juicy and tasted homemade, not like the frozen stuff from Mickey D’s. Debbie didn’t even bat an eye when I requested ranch dressing for my fries. I didn’t realize how much I had missed that decadent American cuisine.

On my second visit I had brunch with a couple of friends. I ordered the bacon and eggs, with a bagel and cream cheese, which were all quite good. And, just like in my favorite California family-style cafés, the iced tea included free refills. Later that day, after bicycling around Taoyuan in the 33C heat, I returned to Debbie’s to cool off in the a/c. On that visit I tried the caramel ice cream brownie. Yum!

Debbie, who you’d swear was raised in the US, speaks perfect English. Better still, when I tried my mangled Mandarin with her, she answered back in Chinese. I appreciated her humoring me like that, lol. Below is a photo of the restaurant’s façade. As you can guess from my lengthy post, I highly recommend Debbie’s!

Hmm… going to have to try and find this place, what area is it in, as I have no idea where Da You Rd is.
Address in Chinese might not be such a bad thing as well, at least you can use it to search on Google maps.
Never mind, some kind soul had already put Debbie’s up on Google maps and it seems like they have a website as well - debbies.emmm.tw/

Went there today for late lunch. It wasn’t very busy, but it was kinda late for lunch and early for dinner. The food was good, not spectacular, but well worth the money and I’ll be going back to try out the brunch next time. I guess it’s the most affordable American style food you can get in Taoyuan. If anyone’s interested, you can check out my quick review on my blog and I’ve also got a Google map link there with the proper location, as the one on Google maps is off by a mile.