Decent Earl grey tea

“far superior” in what way? Is non export available in Taiwan? OP doesn’t even like Twinings.

Got hold of some in Singapore. Here I find the price overwhelming.

1 Like

In packet or loose tea? If you buy loose tea by grams(min. 50g) at an outlet then it’ll be cheaper.

I go to Bee Coffee on Fuxing near Civic for loose leaf black tea. I’m American, but it works for me and it’s reasonably priced.

What level of peasant would one have to be to drink milk tea with skimmed milk ?

1 Like

Femaleus Americanus.

3 Likes

Yes, of course I had forgot about that classification. I thought they would be more into drinking chamomile tea with gluten free bread.

2 Likes

I personally can’t stand Earl Grey, but for a nice rounded black tea at a very reasonable price, I enjoy drinking Stassen Pure Ceylon, available at Jason’s and perhaps elsewhere. If they have an Earl Grey in their lineup, it may be worth a try.

Or just stick to the nice rounded Ceylon tea and skip the bergamot! lol

Guy

You’re killing me man.

Nope, Stasser is on my black list.

Yeah, I can do Ceylon. But I’d still prefer Earl. Not Lady Earl. Not Emperor Earl. No sugar, no milk.

It’s Stassen!

I am curious to know why would such a decent reasonably priced product would be on the dreaded Icon Black List?

Guy

At the office they used to sell the green tea one. Icky. I think they have it in Costco, too, huge never ending boxes. Maybe I am confusing the brand, I hope.

Like I have grown to abhor Celestial seasonings, for example.

I had a phase there, after going to India, addicted to masala tea. Now that’s a thing of beauty.

I agree Stassen’s green tea deserves no prizes. Their Ceylon tea however is a very decent product which I shall defend! lol

And I agree a nice masala chai can be sublime. It doesn’t matter if the weather is hot or cold, it’s a treat.

But back on topic: if you have the means to pay for it, I’d also support @the_bear 's championing of Taylors of Harrogate. It’s not cheap, but their product is unambiguously superb.

Guy

1 Like

If I dare to go to CitySuper, I will have a look. With TWG, I think I’d have to go to Xinyi.

I brought at Jason’s a certain brand that shall be forgotten that tastes not of tea not a hint of bergamot. Hence my desperation.

1 Like

Import it.

The last time I came back from the UK , my suitcase stank of tea. One half of the suitcase was just boxes of tea. It could be smelt strongly from the outside of the case.

Gosh! I didn’t know you guys were all so fancy!

1 Like

Nothing says “fancy” as loudly as debating online the niceties (or not) of Earl Grey tea on a Friday evening! :rofl:

Guy

5 Likes

Is there anything you can stand?

Twinings is good.

I like Twinings English Breakfast Tea and I have the best palate.

2 Likes

Orange pekoe, English breakfast, Irish breakfast are all excellent.

1 Like

Twinnings is made from cheap leaves. It’s OK but no one serious about tea rates it. Good tea leaves expand after boiling water is added. Twinings does not. Trust me on this, 55 years of tea drinking experience talking.