Degree not Recognized by Taiwan Government

Well, it sounds like the government told you it’s not accredited, right? Did you hand in the TEFL as well?

My employer did all of this on my behalf and informed me that the Taiwanese government didn’t approve it. I’m not sure if the TEFL was handed in no, I will need to check with the employer, but even though they don’t see it as accredited in Taiwan, it doesn’t mean it’s not accredited everywhere else.

if you school is not on the list, it should be verified at TECO.

If it is not a 4 year degree, you also need a TEFL certificate.

fyi

. The degree of foreign worker
shall meet one of the following
conditions:
(1) Degree of domestic or
foreign university or
independent college
recognized by central
supervisory authority.
(2) For the degree other than
that of above, we will verify
and recognize it after our
missions verified foreign
worker’s certified degree
in
accordance with
Regulations Regarding the
Assessment and
Recognition of Foreign
Academic Credentials for
Institutions of Higher
Education and
Implementation Regulations
Regarding Distance
Learning by Universities
which were regulated by
central supervisory
authorit

5 Likes

thanks tando, where did you obtain this information from?

https://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov.tw/en/SiteMap.aspx?n=1FB06CD99C2B6083&sms=36A0BB334ECB4011

SOP manual for cram school teachres

5 Likes

awesome thx

There’s a list of universities worldwide that Taiwan recognizes. If your isn’t on the list, it likely won’t be possible unless TECO certification helps. The link I have is dead. Someone posted the new one here but I forgot to bookmark it.

1 Like

Yeah, no. I got my diploma and transcript both stamped and signed from the Taiwan Trade Office in DC and I’m still being told by FET in Taichung that it doesn’t count because it’s not on the MoE list, even though it’s not supposed to be used as a final authority on what schools are good enough here.

Getting your credentials authenticated may be a necessary first step, but it’s not the end of the battle. It may work for jobs requiring a bachelor’s (although I’ve never been asked to have my BA authenticated), but at the graduate level it hasn’t done me any good so far.

This is what I am afraid of also.

The recruiter advised me that all TECO offices have different requirements which makes things more confusing.

Furthermore, if you go to the FETMOE website, the link they provide (https://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/aa/default.html) does not work if you want to check.

I have a Masters also and don’t want to be told once I travel to Taiwan that my degree is not recognized. The recruiter accepted it, but then again they are not the institution issuing the visa/work permit.

Anyone have a solution to this or an updated list of accepted universities?

You can find lists by region in pdf form here. They used to have a searchable web page with English but lol screw that I guess, too easy. As of today, there are 10 links to pdf files in the center of the page. Skip the first 5, they’re info about going to school but not about specific schools themselves. The last 5, in order, are lists of schools by region:

1. the Americas
  2. Europe
  3. Asia
  4. Oceania
  5. Africa

Just open up the page and scroll down a bit and you’ll be able to see if your school is there.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the link. I have checked and my university is on the list, at least for now. lol

Hopefully, there will not be too many more issues in the process.

Hi there,

Did you end up being able to go to Taiwan? I’m facing the same trouble. I graduated from AFDA in Cape Town