Delete

delete

I thought it was about a drink or something. Hair of the dog, isnt that a drink? But back to subject.

If you are taking care of your puppy according to instructions (always good to have a “how to” book on dogs around if you have one) then he should be fine. Wash him with baby shampoo or shampoo for dogs rather then standard human shampoo. And of course make sure he is well rinsed.

Could it be that the breed of dog you have has coarser hair and that some of it is growing coarser by design?

If you are worried, take him to a vet and make sure hes ok.

Vets in Taiwan are quite inexpensive (not like the US where its 50 bucks just to get the doctors attention).

delete

Xitdude,

Observe the skin aroumd the affected area. Are there any scabs, is it reddish, discolored, smelly, any discharge? The doc will ask this.

Also, when you bathe him, make sure you dry him well. Most doggies hair grows thicker and softer in winter.

delete

I recommend a trip to the vet for the little guy.

And the sooner the better. It is always safer to err on the side of caution.

Heaven forbid a case of ringworm… that passes on to you. Nothing lethal, just annoying.

[quote=“Icon”]And the sooner the better. It is always safer to err on the side of caution.

Heaven forbid a case of ringworm… that passes on to you. Nothing lethal, just annoying.[/quote]

That was what I was thinking in fact. IF that happens, what worked for me and my cats was SAVLON . Wash them with savlon and wash urself with it once a day for about a month. And all should be fine

delete

Am I missing something? A puppy’s hair is always soft, and as a dog gets older it’s hair gets “stiff” or harder. Unlike a cat’s hair which stays soft. I always thought that’s the price you pay for unparalleled loyalty and unconditional love…