Dentist without med.insurance?

I wonder if it’s possible so get some dental work done without the medical insurance? I just have visitors visa (as I am extending every 3rd month) so I don’t have the insurance thingy… will it be expensive?

Hi tina, and welcome to Forumosa! :slight_smile:

I imagine it will be cheaper here than back home; My wild guess is that it will range between NT$500 for a routine cleaning and NT$5000 for a gold crown. :idunno: Why don’t you just talk to a dentist and ask them for a schedule of their fees?

I’ll also move this to the Health forum for you. You might want to have a look at the thread on dentists there, too.

Hello Tina. Dental work is relatively cheap even without med insurance. As Dragonbones says, cleaning or a simple filling won’t cost you more than 500NT$. Unfortunately, orthodontic work that is considered “cosmetic” is not covered by insurance. This includes root canal treatment and crowns. Due to my prior addiction to crack cocaine and heroin, my teeth are in a shocking state. I’ve had root canal and crowns on 8 teeth. A grim and painful process, but nonetheless relatively cheap. About 4000NT$ each.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Hi tina, and welcome to Forumosa! :slight_smile:

I imagine it will be cheaper here than back home; My wild guess is that it will range between NT$500 for a routine cleaning and NT$5000 for a gold crown. :idunno: Why don’t you just talk to a dentist and ask them for a schedule of their fees?

I’ll also move this to the Health forum for you. You might want to have a look at the thread on dentists there, too.[/quote]

Thanks alot! That sounds really cheap, I’m from Sweden and a routine cleaning costs NT$5000 over there :s I will check the health forum for some more info^^

wow, sounds good. I want some cosmetic work done, removal of some teeth guess it wont top the swedish prices XD