🛫 🚬 Departure | Taking e-cigarettes through airport security

I know we can’t bring in e-cigarettes anymore ? But can we take them out ?

I believe it’s only importing that’s banned under the recent law change, not exporting. That’s not legal advice, but this is the law:

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=L0070021

I don’t know what type you have, but if it’s one you can disassemble (remove the battery/batteries, tank, etc.) I’d be inclined to do that anyway before flying. At least the battery (or battery-containing part) should be in your carry-on luggage, of course. The liquid-containing part might leak a bit on the plane too, so you should probably put it in a small bag or wrap it in tissues or something.

From your recent post about needing to travel I gather you’ll be coming back to Taiwan after, so unless you have absolutely no intention of using it anymore I’m not sure why you’d want to take it out (just because it would be problematic bringing it back in again). :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a lot for the info. Just to be on the safe side. I’ll ask the information desk there before going through security. If it’s not allowed, I will dispose it.

The ones I have are not that expensive. It’s just for 500. So, worst case it can always be disposed. They are not very durable. I usually have to buy a new one every 6 months or so.

Consider your destination too, they may well prohibit the import as well.

And to solve the whole issue, give up on the inhaling.

1 Like

That’s a bit extreme. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I was able to take my e-cig along with several pods out of Taiwan without any problems.

But I was traveling with my Dad who was in a wheelchair so we got fast-tracked everywhere. That might be why no one paid attention to it. So I still can’t recommend doing it because I am not sure.

I’ll definitely won’t be bringing them back in to Taiwan, as that’s clearly illegal.

By the way, I didn’t have any problems at transit in Dubai either. In fact, most tobacco shops in duty-free were openly selling e-cigarettes and pods.

1 Like