Dependent ARC

Hi good day! Happy Chinese new year to everyone. :tada::tada::tada:

I just want to raise my concern regarding my current status. I’m confused as what to do when I come back here in Taiwan. As you know, I’ve got my dependent arc while I was working here as a migrant worker. So basically, I skipped getting residence visa.

Now, I decided to resign to my job, go back to the Philippines and come back here with my dependent ARC and live with my foreign husband.

I was just wondering, if I still need to apply for Residence visa at BOCA when I come back to Taiwan? Or i don’t need it since I have a valid ARC. ?

And what are the rules to follow when you live as dependent in Taiwan?

Please enlighten me . Highly appreciated. Thank you.

If you have a valid and current dependent ARC, then you don’t need anything else to live in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It’s just that I’m used to a lot of inconveniences in my country. :sweat_smile:

What kind of inconveniences? Offering the policeman a cigarette and slipping him a $100 bill when he stops you to check your ARC? Yeah you don’t need to do that here.

I think there are different rules if you are a dependent of a foreign national or a Taiwan national, if you didn’t get the information with your ARC it maybe worth checking the website.