Deportation - reentry on different passport?

Indeed. It used to be possible.

1 Like

Surely no one in the venerable profession of education would engage in illegal activities.

1 Like

Yup that repeat criminal zain dean did so. Changed his name after being convicted of fraud and copyright theft and came back. Then fled using another’s passport. All covered on these forums though.

Yes, he left on someone else’s passport. No, he didn’t re-enter on another passport that he held.
EDIT: IIRC he’d already pulled that crap in the past

Zain Dean and this one are 2 of the best.

He is back in Taiwan. Last i heard, he’s south of Chaiyi, and north of Kaohsiung.

Zain Dean?

Around here, we sometimes call that “Tainan.”

Guy

1 Like

I’ve entered Taiwan on different passports (US/Canada) and the immigration person mentioned “Oh you’re entering using your US passport this time” so they definitely linked my passports using some method. Probably fingerprint.

1 Like

:joy:

More seriously, prints change over time.

1 Like

I remember some guys used to get thrown out and then came back with a new number. But like everyone already said, with fingerprint and eye scanners these days, unless you know how to grow new fingers :wink: haha

It’s actually just that my fingerprints are really faint because I used to have very dry skin on my hands when I lived in colder climates. I generally have to try several times each time I enter a country for my fingerprints to register, and I can’t use my fingerprints for security on my phone or whatever (even when I do, it never works longer than a couple of weeks). It’s pretty annoying actually!

1 Like

Not likely as there was still an active arrest warrant for his fleeing Taiwan. He would have been jailed and then deported again. Let alone his prints for sure are on file. I’ve never been printed at the airport here but do so at overseas airports in Indonesia and Philippines.

This is not Taiwan of the 70s, 80s, and 90s anymore. If you’re not allowed to work anywhere that is not stated on your work permit don’t do it. F the pressure don’t. You can say you’ll do demos in front of other teahers not kids.

Take care

3 Likes

And this is why getting an APRC, plus an open work permit, is such a key step. It opens up many more opportunities without legal exposure.

Guy

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Fingerprints

Dang so my citizenship was all for nought?

You regularly mention it, so presumably it offers some value.

2 Likes

:blush: ) It was cheap to apply for. NT$1200. I guess it’s worth that much. I could not have afforded a NT$10k APRC

1 Like

FYI, it passed.

2 Likes