DHL custom fees COD. Can't pay ahead?

DHL in Taiwan feels inconvenient compared to America, which means I likely am missing some info since Taiwan is always more efficient haha.

I have to pay cash on delivery when DHL arrives for custom fees. How can I automatically charge this to an account? If I’m not at home, the building guard has to reject the package. Even then, I don’t always have exact amounts on me. Which also leads me to this:

Sometimes I get an email with heads up (that allows me to pay online) and sometimes I don’t. How can I get an email EVERY time?

I’d really like to play custom fees online, with a card, or ahead of time automatically, with email notifications every time instead of sometimes (not a fan of a surprise 3750 cash fee due immediately on a random weekday at 12pm, for example). How can I achieve these things? I feel it’s impossible a giant company like DHL has no services for this.

I bought diamonds and was given the option to pay tax with the shipping as I recall.

Maybe ask the person/company you bought from.

Try calling and asking for it. They do have English speaking service agents.

Back in August I had a big order shipped with them. They had a customer service agent call me and ask for all the paperwork. After it was processed he called back and sent a text message for me to pay the fees online. I think there might be an extra cost involved though.

For DHL shippments You can Pay your import duties before delivery

If you have a DHL account, then you can login in the following link (DHL TaiwanConnects)

If you don’t have a DHL account , then check the following link ( DHL On Demand Delivery)
https://delivery.dhl.com/on-demand-delivery.xhtml

Other sources:

http://www.dhl.com.tw/exp-en/express/customs_support/duties_taxes/duties_taxes_receivers.html#import_duty_payment_options

2 Likes

I am unsure if this is the best place to post this comment, as now DHL happily takes my money in advance—lots of money, in fact. Not just duty, not just taxes, but also a nice cut for themselves.

I am the only one who views this company as rapacious and unhelpful? I get that they need to comply with local laws, but for f&cks sake they sure grab a nice piece of the pie for themselves too! :rant:

Guy

1 Like

DHL is the best global courier company we’ve used. Yes they are expensive but they’re the fastest and most reliable in our experience. In 2 years of using them for import and export. We only had 1 package lost which is incredible for international shipments.

I will grant you those points.

It’s the extra fee grabbing (on top of the shipping) that irks me.

Guy