Diaoyutai zip codes

Taiwan is not considered a “sovereign country” by the world community . . . . . (this has been discussed in many threads on this website, and it related to the fact that “Formosa and the Pescadores” were not returned to the ROC after WWII) . . . . . . HENCE, there is no way that the ROC can claim “sovereignty” over DiaoYuTai . . . . . . . . .

DiaoYuTai belongs to Japan.

Quest,

So why does DaioYuTai have a ROC zip code. I can mail stuff there from Taiwan.

I doubt that you can mail anything to DiaoYuTai from Taiwan. No one lives there.

Hartzell,

It has a zip code. I theoretically could if someone moved there.

Taiwan is not considered a “sovereign country” by the world community . . . . . (this has been discussed in many threads on this website, and it related to the fact that “Formosa and the Pescadores” were not returned to the ROC after WWII) . . . . . . HENCE, there is no way that the ROC can claim “sovereignty” over DiaoYuTai . . . . . . . . .

DiaoYuTai belongs to Japan.[/quote]

I disagree. Japan acquired Diaoyutai as a result of the Treaty of Shimonoseki along with Penghu. As Penghu is associated with Taiwan as is Little Liuqiu and Green Island, the Diaoyutai Islands are also historically associated with Taiwan. As such, Japan clearly gave up their claims of sovereignty over those islands with the SF PEace Treaty.

ludahai,

So the 7 PRC protestors are right? The island belongs to them?

dropout, what are you talking about? Those islands belong to Taiwan a separate independent nation ruled not by the commies of the PRC but by the citizens of this democratic country. PRC Commies (including all high level officials in Beijing) are not even allowed to visit here without permission from the Taiwan government.

Sorry, you have failed to read the Treaty correctly. The Diaoyutai are part of the Article 3 cessions, which the United States held under trusteeship for some years and then returned to Japan in the early 1970’s.

Quest is correct. DiaoYuTai belongs to Japan.

I checked the United Nations website today, however I fail to find a listing for any “country” named “Republic of China” or “Taiwan” or “Chinese Taipei” or anything of the sort.

So . . . . . . . I am wondering on what basis you consider Taiwan to be a “separate independent nation” . . . . . . . . . . I find this allegation to be without legal basis. Please clarify.

I checked the United Nations website today, however I fail to find a listing for any “country” named “Republic of China” or “Taiwan” or “Chinese Taipei” or anything of the sort.

So . . . . . . . I am wondering on what basis you consider Taiwan to be a “separate independent nation” . . . . . . . . . . I find this allegation to be without legal basis. Please clarify.[/quote]

Are you saying that nations did not exist before the UN existed? That is quite laughable, how long has the UN been around? Oh my, if you are not on the UN’s website you are not a country. Hahahahaahahahahahaahaha!

I am saying that Taiwan is an independent country because it is! Who rules Taiwan? Who do they pay taxes too? Certainly not the communist PRC, the PLA and CCP officials are not even allowed to visit here without permission from the rulers of this country who are the citizens of Taiwan and their democratically elected leaders!

PS: Hey Falcon, my hometown is DC, what do you do there?

They would probably have to be fingerprinted if they wanted to visit with ROC new “PRC fingerprint” policy.

When is LTH going to visit the island and surrender it to the Japanese?

Finger printed or not. PRC commies are lucky if they are allowed to visit this separate country that they have no jurisdiction over. Taiwan is not a part of China!

Good idea for LTH to do that. I am sure most people here in Taiwan would rather the Japanese have those islands than those China Commies threatening our home here in Taiwan.

Hobart,

ROC citizens feel so threaten at 1 million of them live in work in the PRC…that’s logical.

ROC still claims jurisdiction over the Mainland. I don’t see the CCP getting their underwear in a bunch over ROC tourist and businessmen.

I’m glad you concur we should just leave LTH on DiaoYuTai, he’ll cause less trouble from there. I’ll tie him up and you drive the boat past the Japanese coast guard. I’m sure you two have a lot to talk about.

It has been stated over and over again that the ROC is not recognized as a sovereign country by the world community. There are reasons for this.

If anyone would care to do the most basic research, it is easily found that Formosa and the Pescadores were not given to the ROC in the post WWII Treaty. That is a fact.

The ROC is a government in exile. See [ROC is a government-in-exile

Daiyutai doesn’t have zip codes. ZIP (Zone Improvement Plan - Don’t think Daiyutai had one of those) is a system that is only used the the USA, There used to be another system of postal codes in the USA that are also not ZIP codes.

The postal codes:
Daiyutai - 290
Pratas Islands - 817
Spratly Islands - 819.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]ludahai,

So the 7 PRC protestors are right? The island belongs to them?[/quote]

No, it belongs to Taiwan, not the PRC!

[quote=“Quest”]Taiwan is not considered a “sovereign country” by the world community . . . . . (this has been discussed in many threads on this website, and it related to the fact that “Formosa and the Pescadores” were not returned to the ROC after WWII) . . . . . . HENCE, there is no way that the ROC can claim “sovereignty” over DiaoYuTai . . . . . . . . .

DiaoYuTai belongs to Japan.[/quote]

As Quest as carefully pointed out, Diaoyutai belongs to Japan. There can be no doubt about that . . . . . for the simple reason that [i]TAIWAN IS NOT A SOVEREIGN COUNTRY[/i] . . . . . so it cannot possibly have valid claims of sovereignty over Diaoyutai.

Wake up.

[quote=“Falcon”]As Quest as carefully pointed out, Diaoyutai belongs to Japan. There can be no doubt about that . . . . . for the simple reason that [i]Taiwan is NOT A SOVEREIGN COUNTRY[/i] . . . . . so it cannot possibly have valid claims of sovereignty over Diaoyutai.

Wake up.[/quote]

It certainly does not belong to Japan as Japan surrendered soveriegnty to Taiwan and all islands associated with Taiwan in 1952. As Diaoyutai, as well as Penghu, Little Liuqiu and Green Island, are all associated with Taiwan, Japan has no claim to sovereignty to Diaoyutai.

Taiwan is a country, or at least it should be. The only problem is that countries can’t seem to follow international agreements and international law, ESPECIALLY China, though the US has some blame here as well.