Dick Cheney shoots man

Great game, Merge! :laughing: :notworthy:

Thanks, Dragonbones - spread it around - we’d like the work!

My last post was meant to be a joke, but check out this. Alen Jones went and did an experiment.

infowars.com/articles/us/che … _proof.htm

and

Anyone who’s been thru a divorce isn’t thinking it was an accident :laughing:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Too bad there wasn’t a [line]mug shot[/line] citation. Cheney would be on the Smoking Gun website.[/quote]Nama -
Thats where the TP&W report above is from…The Smoking Gun website.[/quote]

And exactly how did the TP&W determine that alcohol was not involved?
Breathalysers? Blood tests? Face to face interviews with Cheney?

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Too bad there wasn’t a [line]mug shot[/line] citation. Cheney would be on the Smoking Gun website.[/quote]Nama -
Thats where the TP&W report above is from…The Smoking Gun website.[/quote]

And exactly how did the TP&W determine that alcohol was not involved?
Breathalysers? Blood tests? Face to face interviews with Cheney?[/quote]

He’s the VP, seems like they just took his word for it.

Update: From CNN—

[quote]Others, like actor/writer Steve Martin on The Huffington Post, took a satirical tack:

"Vice President Dick Cheney, while hunting wild geese in the Rose Garden, accidentally shot President Bush twice, once in the heart and once in the head. ‘I didn’t really shoot the President twice,’ said Cheney. ‘The second time I shot him, I was president.’ "[/quote]

Here’s one of the most mainstream of all the suspicious articles floating out there:

iht.com/articles/2006/02/16/news/shot.php

[quote]Cheney account questioned
By Ian Urbina INTERNATIONAL HERALD TRIBUNE
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2006

WASHINGTON Veteran hunters and shooting experts said Thursday that they still did not understand how the vice president injured his fellow hunting partner so badly if he was actually 30 yards away as Cheney says. [BOOM]

“It just doesn’t add up,” said John Kelly, a quail hunter from New York with more than 36 years of experience. “With a shotgun, the pellets spread out the further you get, and for that many pellets to hit such a small part of this man’s body means Mr. Cheney was far closer” than the 27-meter distance cited.[/quote]

And Time had this lengthy assertion that something fishy was going on.

[quote]Slow Leak: How Cheney Stalled News Reports of Hunting Accident
Word of the mishap took 20 hours to get out as the Vice President insisted on telling a local newspaper before everyone else, sources say…
“This is either a cover-up story or an incompetence story,” said a top Republican who is close to the White House and has rarely been critical of the Administration in the past five years. “Karl was constrained, as was the entire communications operation, because the Vice President had arranged for how this was to come out.”[/quote]

How 'bout dem apples?

The jokes ARE the whitewash.

:s

Cheney’s Got a Gun

According to sources ( I love that one), tyhe vith preth was pitrhed.

So Cheney likes a beer with his shootin’, hardly be the first.

HG

[quote]Secret Service agents say Cheney was drunk when he shot lawyer
By DOUG THOMPSON
Feb 22, 2006, 07:35
Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago say Cheney was “clearly inebriated” at the time of the shooting.
Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited “visible signs” of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions.

According to those who have talked with the agents and others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.[/quote]

You people are still talking about this?

CHENEY-GATE!
CHENEY-GATE!1111

Never Forget!! :banana:

The quote in the latest issue of Newsweek, which devoted 13 pages to Dick Cheney really rings true to me.[quote]Newsweek gave the story 13 pages, claiming that Cheney is “one of the most secretive and mysterious public officials to ever hold such high office in America. He is caricatured as a Darth Vader, spooky, above the law; nefarious.” and “Guessing at the causes of his darkening persona is a favorite Washington pastime.”[/quote]
And as the Darth Vader of the Bush Empire, Cheney has access to the Dark Side of the Force. Since the beginning of the Bush II administration, Dick Cheney has favored measures allowing the executive branch to keep more things secret. And in March 2003, the president gave him the authority to do it. :smiling_imp: Can Lord Vader keep confidential all of his doings?

What makes this case important isn’t really the shooting itself. Accidents happen, and I’m certain Cheney – indifferent as he is to the cruelty and murder committed in order to enforce his government’s policies – wouldn’t feel great about shooting one of his own corporate/big government alliance cronies.

What is disgusting to me, however, is that while the Republican mouthpieces like Limbaugh and Coulter rant on and on about the importance of values like character and straight talking, their representatives’ behavior shows anything but. It took Cheney nearly a week to finally come out and take responsibility for the shooting, and only after the initial Whitehouse attempt to blame the victim, in turn after the even more initial cover-up, had drawn such criticism.

Texan journalist Robert Bryce puts it this way:

[quote]…there was a very good piece in the Austin American-Statesman yesterday by Mike Leggett, who’s their hunting or outdoors reporter. And, I mean, he just went right after Cheney, and he ended his piece by saying to Cheney, he said, [b]

Its good you people have something to occupy your time…otherwise who knows [i]what[/i] mischief you’d be getting in to. :smiley:

With 18 percent of Americans still seeing the vice president favorably, perhaps he can count on them to march on the offices of the myriad newspapers that have reported this incident.

Of course, beyond not taking responsibility, how about the lies? Cheney ain’t telling the truth about the distance at which he shot Whittington – it was a hell of a lot less than 90 feet at which he shot Whittington in the face and heart. Good wholesome fun to watch it demonstrated step by step how nearly every bit of Cheney’s story falls apart. See this site for another test of Cheney’s chosen weapon.

One can tell a lot about this administration through Cheney’s actions: After shooting a man in the face, heart, liver, lung, etc., Cheney didn’t even bother accompany the man he’d shot to the hospital. Cheney simply sat down and, with perhaps ice water running through his veins, had himself a big dinner.

Two things:

First, are you challenging any part of what I said?

Do you deny that Republican mouthpieces sell this whole ‘traditional valued straight-talking rugged individualist’ vs ‘pinko atheist America-hating chicken-shit’ propoganda to the lower middle-class Christians – their most important voting base (who, ironically, are quite ill-served by the Repubs’ actual rich and corporation-serving policies)? Do you deny that many, many Republican big-wigs, Cheney among them, have shown utterly reprehensible character – and that this demonstrates outright hypocrisy or deception on the part of Republican propogandists?

Second, the current administration has shown itself to be incompetent, corrupt, and absolutely indifferent to either American or international laws. It has conducted an illegal war based on lies. It has used chemical weapons against enemy combatants. It has tortured enemy combatants and illegally imprisoned non-combatants. It has demonstrated either total apathy or total ineptitude in handling a huge national disaster. It has seen scandal after scandal in which the tax-payers are bilked, all the while giving tax breaks to the rich and pouring money into the war machine. It has conducted Nixon-esque warrantless wiretaps. It has worked towards the overthrow of democratically-elected representatives of foreign governments in the Caribean and South America, to insure that the profits from their resources go to US corporations rather than the people of those countries (Haiti is a prime example). It has allied itself with dictators every bit as repulsive as those it overthrew in Iraq, and its actions in Iraq have been in many cases as bad as his.

And you say we’re capable of mischief??? :loco:

Vay -
Yeah…

TC, I’ve never seen you short on words, even for the most obnoxious comments. I guess it really is hard these days to defend the Republicans.

pig
teach
sing
time
waste
annoy
pig

props to JDS for the posting style

pig
teach
sing
time
waste
annoy
pig

props to JDS for the posting style
[/quote]

The solution to today’s anagram is “You can’t make a silk purse out of a pig’s ear.”
:slight_smile: