Did anyone write a manual on how to date a Taiwanese lady?

So which woman did he end up with? Guys and their secretaries…tsk tsk…such a common theme.[/quote]

Well Tommy… it’s not hard to figure out is it?

edit

I think you got it. We who are perpetual daters learn how NOT to love. We learn to play the roles well but is our heart really in it. The non serial daters do as you say tend to put their all into it and sometimes they commit suicide if it goes bad, thinking that life is not worth going on for. This is an extreme and like most extremes are unhealthy.

somewhere there needs a balance. Serial daters need to find someone to really love. And immature daters need to have some experience and survive several relationships in order to progress to a happy medium.

Fact is , there is no soul mate. Its just a matter of finding a mate who relates with you well and gets along with you well. And you guys have a workable relationship. Thats the mechanics of it. Love in its infatuated mode is grossly over-rated.

Romeo and Juliet and to death do us part is in reality Romeo and Juliet and Maggie and perhaps Jodie with Juliet and Tom and perhaps David and dont forget Jonnie.

We need to learn to love ourselves and treasure our own being. Safely embedded in that bedrock we can venture out in the open uncharted waters of pairing with another entity. Was it NUIT who said it? More like sailing your boat way out of port and close to the shores of somalia.

yes, thats what our human relationships really are. We need to be heartfelt enough and emotionally committed enough to make a relationship worthwhile and yet detached and detachable enough to survive a crash.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That’s great. :salute:

Psychos are everywhere regardless of nationality, gender, age or upbringing. Knew a guy back in Canada who wanted to part ways with the gf for not-so-dramatic reasons, or so he claims (i.e. they grew apart etc). They were living together and he told her about his decision and gave her plenty of time to find a new place and a new life etc.

He was a lawyer and one Friday afternoon the receptionist at work told him that some cops are there for him and he got arrested (at work!) because the gf pressed charges of domestic violence against him (which were not true). He tried to make bail (his boss offered to help) but no judges were available on Fridays (and she counted on that), so he sat in detention til Monday, by which time when he got home his apartment was empty. Not even a last pair of underwear for him to get through the day.

He was out of the country at the time… so he wasnt and is not in fear of his life.

He rediscovered his passion all right… blossomed off into the distance with his secretary, who knew his ex as well.

These things happen in life. Never ever ever give your apartment keys to your GF, is the moral of the story.

[quote=“tommy525”]We who are perpetual daters learn how NOT to love.

Fact is , there is no soul mate. .[/quote]

Only for you Tommy, only for you.

Others find their sole mates. Some even manage to marry them.

Somtimes they slip away in life.

[quote=“Full Joie”][quote=“tommy525”]
Romeo and Juliet and to death do us part is in reality Romeo and Juliet and Maggie and perhaps Jodie with Juliet and Tom and perhaps David and dont forget Jonnie.
[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That’s great. :salute:

Psychos are everywhere regardless of nationality, gender, age or upbringing. Knew a guy back in Canada who wanted to part ways with the gf for not-so-dramatic reasons, or so he claims (i.e. they grew apart etc). They were living together and he told her about his decision and gave her plenty of time to find a new place and a new life etc.

He was a lawyer and one Friday afternoon the receptionist at work told him that some cops are there for him and he got arrested (at work!) because the gf pressed charges of domestic violence against him (which were not true). He tried to make bail (his boss offered to help) but no judges were available on Fridays (and she counted on that), so he sat in detention til Monday, by which time when he got home his apartment was empty. Not even a last pair of underwear for him to get through the day.[/quote]

That’s not a psycho but a well-devised revenge plan. I wouldn’t do it nor would I suggest it but it’s not psycho. Now, had she slashed and burned his apartment, then I would say that’s a psycho. But what the above woman did, is just another example of hell hath no fury…

Exactly…

[quote=“Full Joie”]

Psychos are everywhere regardless of nationality, gender, age or upbringing. [/quote]

That is true, but Taiwan seems to have an inordinately huge number of psycho women. The stories I have heard about the bizarro bahaviour there are nothing like I have heard anywhere else. Frankly, if I were a man living in Taiwan, I would be WAY too scared to date a local!!!

[quote=“Indiana”][quote=“Full Joie”]

Psychos are everywhere regardless of nationality, gender, age or upbringing. [/quote]

That is true, but Taiwan seems to have an inordinately huge number of psycho women. The stories I have heard about the bizarro bahaviour there are nothing like I have heard anywhere else. [/quote]

That may be true. I haven’t heard that many bizzare stories re Taiwanese women but the ones I did hear were quite at the far end of the bizzarre spectrum. Thought I do think that the number of strange Taiwanese men may be just as high. Some one please remind me of why I’m here? Oh yeah, my family is here and I love the food. I guess it’s all in the give and take.

tommy525, actually I have thought before, would we even think of love in the way with do if it was not for Hollywood movies?

Do people living in remote areas think about romantic love or just sexual urges and practical partnerships?

Would you want to “rekindle” passion with the kind of pyscho bitch that would lay waste to your apartment and all your belongings?

[quote=“Full Joie”]Psychos are everywhere regardless of nationality, gender, age or upbringing. Knew a guy back in Canada who wanted to part ways with the gf for not-so-dramatic reasons, or so he claims (i.e. they grew apart etc). They were living together and he told her about his decision and gave her plenty of time to find a new place and a new life etc.

He was a lawyer and one Friday afternoon the receptionist at work told him that some cops are there for him and he got arrested (at work!) because the gf pressed charges of domestic violence against him (which were not true). He tried to make bail (his boss offered to help) but no judges were available on Fridays (and she counted on that), so he sat in detention til Monday, by which time when he got home his apartment was empty. Not even a last pair of underwear for him to get through the day.[/quote]
He’s obviously a better man than me. I’d go after her nearest male relative first, working my way back to her, leaving her wishing and praying to whatever she holds dear that she never lifted a manicured nail to any of my possessions.

Hell hath no fury? That’s a lame duck expression. Do that to me and I’ll give you a glimpse.

Besides, the OP isn’t in Taiwan. If his Tw girl tried that in a semi-lawful country the chickens would come home to roost in the end.

I am writing a manual right now…I am on girl number 7 - early days yet, I need a sample of about 50 for statistically viable results. Could be another 6 months or so, or you can not wait that long?

Cheers.

[quote=“steelersman”]
Do people living in remote areas think about romantic love or just sexual urges and practical partnerships?[/quote]

They think of sheep, mainly.

[quote=“lemur”][quote=“steelersman”]
Do people living in remote areas think about romantic love or just sexual urges and practical partnerships?[/quote]

They think of sheep, mainly.[/quote]
That’s only in New Zealand, mate. In Aus it’s all about the 'roos.

tommy525, actually I have thought be for, would we even think of love in the way with do if it was not for Hollywood movies?

And dont forget Hollywood makes “MOVIES” and guess what movies are ? They are NOT real is what.

Im currently dating a Taiwanese girl… I dont think anyone could write a manual on how to date a TW lady because its too much of an obscure and circumstantial question.

My humble advice would be to be honest and be yourself… what else can you do? but try to do what makes you and her happy…I believe this to be good advice if your looking for a relationship but not necessarily if your just looking to have sex.

G1

edit

Actually Americans get uncomfortable if you are within 5 feet of them, not 2. I feel my co workers (the ones who are european or asian) tend to stand about 2 feet from me, and that is too close for most Americans.

Five feet around an American is considered close enough, closer you need to be a GF/Wife or something.

Americans will shake hands and then move politely back a bit for some distance. When riding on a crowded bus in the USA, people are still very afraid to touch you even in passing they will say excuse me. Whereas in densepack Taiwan, people dont feel they need to say excuse me to sandwhich you in and even if they bump you in the street they wont say excuse me (its sort of like bumper cars as it is anyway).

So the personal space in Taiwan is considerably smaller.

Taiwanese when they bump into you wont say sorry unless it was a very hard bump and they wont say excuse me to squeeze past you on the public transport.

Americans walking towards each other on a footpath will say hi to each other (in many cases) to relieve the tension of coming towards each other. Its because of the much bigger personal space perceived in the US (which is afterall a large country).

In Taiwan I used to drive right up to the crosswalk when people are crossing and they wont get offended. Americans expect you to stop about 10 feet from the crosswalk. If you drive right up to it, they think you are going to run them over !!!

As I read in another thread on “the long distance thing”, you found out that your girl has a local backup boyfriend :frowning: I hope you didn’t suffer too much when you found out, and are getting better.

So maybe this is another thing to write in that book on dating Taiwanese ladies: In case you are far away from them for a long time, talk about their and your needs for someone who is close.