Did Yasser Arafat die of AIDS?

Recently, I have been reading more and more rumors on the internet that Yasser Arafat died of AIDS. Now even the major newspapers are saying that Yasser Arafat might have died of AIDS. For example, here is a story in the Melbourne Herald Sun that says that Yasser Arafat’s symptoms before his death “sounded remarkably like AIDS”.

There’s also a rumor that he was poisoned by an Isreali spy, but lots of reports say that the poisoning allegations are not true. For example, this article in the Sunday Times of UK says that the French doctors who treated Arafat found no evidence that he was poisoned.

What do you think was the cause of Arafat’s death, and why does his wife want to keep it a secret?

You HAVE to be kidding me. Where would he get it from? Blood transfusion? Unprotected sex? Not even his wife would sleep with him! :smiley:

Banshette

Go back and read other forums on Arafat using the “search function.” You will learn that, based on reports from former east-bloc intelligence chiefs, Arafat was a switch-hitter.

worldnetdaily.com/news/artic … E_ID=41286

And remember – google is your friend :wink:

Don’t they have a lot of sheep in the Middle East?

cheers,
DB

Wrong. The Sun reports that George Bush’s former speech-writer claims the symptoms sound remarkably like AIDS.

Big deal. I think he sounds remarkably like a jackass. . . and I think George Bush looks remarkably like a monkey.

None of has any credible information on which to base even a wild-guess about what he might have died, and it’s only irrelevant trivia anyway. I’m not familiar with the Sun, but I’m sorry to see any paper stoop to reporting such baseless rumors that are clearly intended as insults.

Interesting.

MT is OUTRAGED that someone would impugn Arafat and his character but he himself has no qualms about doing so with George W. Bush, the democratically elected leader of a nation that has done so much more for the Palestinians than Arafat himself. Arafat was a notorious thug and ganster who kept his people in thrall by keeping them totally dependent on him for economic largesse. He was a total loser with no redeeming qualities and certainly was a disaster for the Palestinian people. One really has to wonder where these selective standards come from. I find this highly disconcerting. MT: Where did you go to university? Please I have to know.

Man Fred, you must be way sharper than me. I didn’t see any outrage in MT’s post. Maybe it’s those red-tinted glasses.

And anyway, didn’t we already do this thread before?

Sorry Tetsuo:

Perhaps I read it differently. And I don’t wear red-tinted glasses, they are blue-tinted… Anyway, here’s what Mother Theresa wrote…

[quote]Wrong. The Sun reports that George Bush’s former speech-writer claims the symptoms sound remarkably like AIDS.

Big deal. I think he sounds remarkably like a jackass. . . and I think George Bush looks remarkably like a monkey.

None of has any credible information on which to base even a wild-guess about what he might have died, and it’s only irrelevant trivia anyway. I’m not familiar with the Sun, but I’m sorry to see any paper stoop to reporting such baseless rumors that are clearly intended as insults.[/quote]

Now, this would be the same MT that has been frequently horrified to read the baseless accusations against top-level military personnel in the US army having direct involvement and having given direct approval to the Abu Ghraib abuses. That would be the same MT that frequently rises to defend George Bush and other democratically-elected US politicians and government leaders from baseless accusations. That would be the same MT who in a thread on Arafat still manages to bash Bush even though nothing about Bush has been mentioned in the thread. So, we are to assume that Arafat a known gangster, thug and oppressor of the Palestinian people with the blood of thousands from his terrorist activities is to be defended while Bush is to be vilified? Does anyone see why the Left is held up to such scorn and ridicule? I personally do not understand why some people insist on groveling like this but there must be psychiatric help for such a knee-bending disorder. somewhere? surely?

Fred, then you had better get your prescription checked for your glasses.

MT expressed his own personal opinion, to which we are all entitled to hold on any given subject, this is somewhat different from a newspaper reporting gossip, albeit one that lives by reporting such nonsense.

If you stopped looking for anti Bush or anti US sentiments in every post then you might be able to use clear glasses instead of having to hide behind blue tinted ones :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yeah. You all keep telling yourself that. I, however, think it is completely humliating to grovel for approval from other countries by criticizing no bashing your own democratically elected government and leaders while defending and praising people like Arafat. Call me old fashioned but don’t call me later for dinner! or martinis! or more wine! or… you get the idea…

One more thought…

Who cares what he died of as long as the result is the same… Arafat out of the picture with perhaps a chance for the Palestinians to wise up for one in their lives and try to make something better of themselves and their country than a failed gangsta state that makes Haiti and Somalia look like the mean average.

Sunday Tines from Oz - Arafat AIDS theory grows -21nov04

Amin, Arabic Media Internet Network -November 15, 2004, November 15, 2004-Rumors of Arafat AIDS and poisoning erode hopes for peace, By: Ray Hanania*

Palestine Chronicle with the Ray Hanania story

Gaynews from 365Gay, Does Arafat Have AIDS?, by Malcolm Thornberry 365Gay.com European Bureau Chief, posted: November 1, 2004 8:04 pm ET

and one of the more…eloquent articles…
From Queer Day, ‘Rampantly homosexual’ Arafat dying of AIDS?, November 08, 2004

Try Google - arafat+aids. Results equal =Results 1 - 10 of about 441,000 for arafat+aids. (0.05 seconds) .
Surely one of those pass the MT smell test. But if not…so what? :unamused:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Try Google - arafat+aids. Results equal =Results 1 - 10 of about 441,000 for arafat+aids. (0.05 seconds) .
Surely one of those pass the MT smell test. But if not…so what? :unamused:[/quote]

:laughing: what the hell does that prove, google Tainan Cowboy and Aids and you get 56 hits, does that prove you have aids. :unamused:

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Try Google - arafat+aids. Results equal =Results 1 - 10 of about 441,000 for arafat+aids. (0.05 seconds) .
Surely one of those pass the MT smell test. But if not…so what? :unamused:[/quote]

:laughing: what the hell does that prove, google Tainan Cowboy and Aids and you get 56 hits, does that prove you have aids. :unamused:[/quote]

:loco: …the post I made was in regards to MT’s claim of lack of awareness of press reportage of the Yassar Arafat/AIDS theory. Quite amazing spinn you attempt. :ponder:

At the end of the day: What does it matter? Who cares? Many switch-hitters don’t die of Aids, and many people who die of Aids have never been switch-hitters, fer crying out loud, many of them haven’t even become sexually mature yet!
So you die of Aids, so you die anyway - what does it matter what Arafat died of? What on Earth would that change?

[quote=“banshette”]At the end of the day: What does it matter? Who cares? Many switch-hitters don’t die of Aids, and many people who die of Aids have never been switch-hitters, fer crying out loud, many of them haven’t even become sexually mature yet!
So you die of Aids, so you die anyway - what does it matter what Arafat died of? What on Earth would that change?[/quote]

Because my darling, after Egyptian leader Nasser died in the early 70s, Arafat become a “pan-arab” stateseman. He became recognized (albeit wrongly) by the Arab masses as a

[quote=“Chewycorns”]However, I don

[quote=“banshette”][quote=“Chewycorns”]However, I don