Did You Hear the One About 'Brokeback'?

Not what you might expect. A pretty good article about “Brokeback Mountain” jokes.

San Francisco Gate

So, what exactly is a ‘Tainan’ cowboy, anyway? :ponder:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]So, what exactly is a ‘Tainan’ cowboy, anyway? :ponder:[/quote]Some one who likes it “down south” ?

Nyah nyah nyahhh… :moon:

now go read the article…you big sillies…

I still wish I knew how to quit you guys…

You folks had better be careful or the PC police will get you. :laughing:

Hello, there. What do you do?

Well, as it happens, I’m a PC PC.

[quote=“irishstu”]Hello, there. What do you do?

Well, as it happens, I’m a PC PC.[/quote]

And, of course, if you happened to vote for the winners in the last Canadian election AND you’re posting from a Windows machine, well then, you’d be a…
PC PC PC PC

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great stuff Chief! T-shirts, do I hear t-shirts?

HG

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Not what you might expect. A pretty good article about “Brokeback Mountain” jokes.

San Francisco Gate[/quote]

BOb or bodo is gonna get ya. I suggest you say this when they do

Did I do that?

Ah, the best thing about the article was the link to Brokeback To The Future. :laughing:

That article is in the China Post today. In the long run, it’s a healthy sign that people can joke about gays better now, and what it really shows is that Western culture is growing up, step by step. When they cannot “get” something at first, like Blacks, or Jews, or handicapped people, or born-again Christians or feminists or liberals or Polish people or Mexicans, the first thing that comes up is HUMOR. Jokes.

That paves the way for acceptance later on. In 20 years, the Brokenback Mtn jokes will be tame. They are tame today. Humor helps people accept others, and that’s the way it always is.

For example, the joke in the article about Rev. Pat Robertson. That joke cuts both ways, and helps us accept evangelicals and gays at the same time.

Good AP article.