Digital Cable Service / Satellite TV in Hsinchu

I am trying to get hold of satellite or digital cable service here in Hsinchu. I first saw an advert for such a thing here on Forumosa, but the person who advertised has not responded to my e-mail.

I see also on the HICA (local Hsinchu international community group) website that there is apparently such a service offered in Hsinchu, but after calling the company they recommended twice, I have been given the usual run-around by employees who aren’t really motivated to do any selling and won’t admit that they don’t know the answers to my questions. They basically don’t know if their company offers such services, or say that they don’t offer it.

Does anyone know of a company that operates in Hsinchu that can offer these services? I’m mainly looking for the sport channels, and an intelligent alternative to CNN (eg BBC or Sky). Of course something like Star World would also be great, as opposed to the repetitive (and mostly asinine) movies we see on the other channels.

If you could provide contact details of a company that offers this, that would be great. There are at least 3-4 ppl at my work interested in this.

Cheers.

I guess Jim’s your guy, if he hasn’t answer your email, give him a call:

[quote]I install Satellite TV call 0930 750 441 or 05 2511 642
jim.edstein@msa.hinet.net
Pls include your telephone number in emails…
FOX Sports USA, ESPNSTAR English with EPL & FA CUP, ABC, NBC, BBC, Fox News, DW, TV5, Star World, Entertainment Central, Turner Classic Movies, Cspan, uncut Adult, and many other English channels for no monthly fees[/quote]
Check the whole thread:
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=19908&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hi Igorveni

Thanks for the thread address.

Hi Igorveni

Hi Igorveni

OK, OK, enough with the “Thanks” already!!! One time was enough! :smiley: