Digital Photographs to Posters

Where would I be able to have a movie-sized poster made using a digital photograph? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Alan

My good friend who is the Asian rep for Lomo cameras swears by the place on the south side of Xinyi Road just east of Anhe Road. He does all sorts of artsy-fartsy stuff that requires more expertise than the average photo lab can provide, and he says he’s never been let down by this place. I’ve been going there without complaint ever since he recommended it to me, but then again, my needs are much more plebian than his.

I believe it’s possible, but you have to take into account how good your camera is. I believe a snap taken at 3 megapixels can be blown up and give photo quality to an 8"x10" size, so for a movie poster size it would have to be a very good camera. Otherwise it can still theoretically be done but it’ll just be fuzzy. That’s assuming the shop has the equipment too :slight_smile:

What I want to know is, where can I find a movie-poster sized pizza ?

My calzone on Friday wasn’t as big as a movie poster but it would have dripped off the edges of a good-sized coffee table book.

Just realised my bitty home Epson printer will tile a normal picture so you can get it as large as you like. Do you need the poster-sized pizza to be on 1 sheet of paper, and photo-quality? If not, any home printer could probably do the job for you…you’d just need a lot of sticky tape.

We have a printer that does up to A1 size. I have A2 size pictures of myself and all the foreign teachers outside the language school.

So, yes, it is possible. The file size of the pictures is huge though and I suggest taking the pictures with a quality camera.

[quote=“Alleycat”]Where would I be able to have a movie-sized poster made using a digital photograph? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Alan[/quote]

There’s a shop in Tien Mu on Chung Shan N. Rd Sec 6 on the left just past Club 75. (Walking distance from the Post Home). They can print massive sized posters.

Blueface,

Nice to see you back. Hope you are well down there. Its raining in Taipei.

Thought ye’d disappeared laddie. Good to see you back.

Two things I’d consider absolute must haves for a poster-size digital photo: (1) 4MP or higher resolution and (2) RAW format.

You might be able to go lower on the res, but RAW format can’t be forgone.

Got no choice with my Canon s400 (4MP). It doesn’t support RAW. I’m pretty sure i can still get a poster size. I’d just have to take the pic in high res.

Any of you digicam gurus confirm or not?

If you want a really big picture, just move the camera closer to the pizza.

It’s been many years since this thread and I believe the printing company mentioned within has closed up shop by now.

Anyone have an update on where in Taipei I can have a digital image blown up into a decent size full color print?

http://www.jazzimage.com.tw/

1 Like