Disgruntled former employers trying to sabotage new ARC

New here. My apologies if this question has been asked before. So far, I haven’t seen anything that precisely matches it.

Having been severely screwed over by my employer (long story), I recently chose to quit and find another job shortly after acquiring my new ARC. I’m currently in the process of getting a new ARC and work permit with my new employer. Evidently, a lot of students and two other teachers have left the school since I quit (several other teachers quit before me, and others are planning to leave as well). However, my old employers seem to be taking this out on me, and I recently caught word from a former collegue that they overheard my old bosses plotting on the phone to sabotage my new ARC by telling the Immigration Bureau that I’m mentally ill and incompetent.

My question is: How concerned should I be? Does anyone have experience with these kinds of situations? Any advice would be much appreciated.

You shouldn’t worry.
Ex-boss’s comments wouldn’t be taken into account when providing you a new work permit. Just make sure that you don’t work for your new employer before getting it.

4 Likes

Thanks.

Much appreciated.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the boss made sure they “overheard” that on purpose to keep the sheep he still has in the flock.

2 Likes

No, that person can’t stand my old boss and was about to quit as well.

1 Like

I would have a friend call your former employer for ‘immigration reasons’. Record the conversation, and have a witness.

If they call you mentally ill it would be a crime under Taiwan’s criminal code (Article 310). You could then use that evidence to seek damages, or to prevent your employer from doing it again.

2 Likes

Sue for defamation!

3 Likes