Dish HD coming to Taiwan

dishhdasia.com/

Supposedly they’re going to offer 25-35 HD channels…

Some more details here digitimes.com/news/a20100317PD201.html

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]http://www.dishhdasia.com/

Some more details here digitimes.com/news/a20100317PD201.html[/quote]
Big :thumbsup: for this news!

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]http://www.dishhdasia.com/ Supposedly they’re going to offer 25-35 HD channels…

Old news from last year. You will love the channel lineup. Mostly Free to Air channels like DW, Luxe TV and Fashion TV already available on satellites , MGM Movies which is not HD and shows really old movies

No US sports channels no US local US series or movie channels… Sweet dreams on this one but I have seen the package and you will love it :liar:

Plus there are already threads on this package on forumosa already with the Dish TV contact details.

Supposedly is a big word… wait till you see what they actually have. Other threads below. By the way the golf channel… shows bugger all live gold but will give you great golfing tips and rules… cause it’s arelady on other satellites.

艾科思達亞洲多媒體股份有限公司 台灣分公司
客戶服務電話:02-25119611
免付費電話:0800364365
客戶服務信箱: service@dishhdasia.com

As I recall it was about NT$15,000 installed with 3 months subscription and then around NT$1200 per month more or less.

Yes it is a new service from but the channels are very limited, and nothing that cannot be found locally with other providers.

No NFL NCAA or any other college US sports… Golf anybody?

Of course I contacted Dish months ago when they announced they would launch. Have sent many emails and made several phone calls. No reply as to channel line up, prices, or of course anything in English for expats to actually look at. When I asked your sstaff which satellite they are broadcasting from they could not tell me.

When I asked dish size I was told a small one… I asked but what about rain fade with small dishes… their reply? What’s rain fade? I reply when you get heavy rains the signals drop out on small dishes. Oh they reply we didnt know that. lol

I have BBTV now and the Nat Geo/ Discovery/ ASN (American Sports Network?)/ and classical channel(…lots of opera) plus…for free bloomberg, starworld and a few others…I’m fine.

200NT per month…on top of basic cable.

Tonight and last night, I watched NCAA BB games, chasing classic cars, dam building in Mexico, industrial divers diving the Mississippi River and thankfully missed American Idol.

God love options.

But the company that brings me MLB is king. Waiting on that one. :s

There are several cable TV channels that carry MLB in Taiwan

There are several cable TV channels that carry MLB in Taiwan[/quote]

Obviously, I am not satisfied…:smiley:

We’ll see what bbtv delivers…

You’re obviously up north, we can’t get Starworld in Tainan. If they had Starworld on MOD I would actually go for it…

You’re obviously up north, we can’t get Starworld in Tainan. If they had Starworld on MOD I would actually go for it…[/quote]

Yes. Northbound.

Actually, Starworld seems to give me the stuff I don’t download anyway…if you know what you miss, just DL it.

but the the HD Nat Geo and Discovery are just great…I watched The Alaska Experiment this AM. Hardcore reality tv…good stuff…or I’m so not used to people speaking English on my TV that I’m imagining it. And this kind of programming is not easily downloaded.

You’re obviously up north, we can’t get Starworld in Tainan. If they had Starworld on MOD I would actually go for it…[/quote]

Yes but you have a better one on the Hava… Star World plus many other series channels not available even on MOD

Yes but you have a better one on the Hava… Star World plus many other series channels not available even on MOD[/quote]

where could one get one on them? :laughing:

Bismarck has several Nat Geo and 6 Discovery channels plus some other good Explore Channels TV all in English… English TV isnt his problem it’s too much choice of English channels lol

Bismarck has several Nat Geo and 6 Discovery channels plus some other good Explore Channels TV all in English… English TV isnt his problem it’s too much choice of English channels lol[/quote]

which is why I won’t get SatTV.

I have a life outside of das living room. :laughing:

I have a life outside of das living room. :laughing: [/quote]

Everybody does… but if I could give you MLB I bet you would change your mind, and you can get it ( MLB ) if you really want to

More service, more providers always sounds good. I was thinking about it though, and with the premium package I have from Kbro (Jin Pyng Cable) I am already getting History HD, Crime Investigation, Nat Geo Adventure, NGC HD, Golf, ASN sports HD (no MLB though), MGM, HBO, HBO Signature, HBO Favorites, HBO Family, Star World, Biography, etc., etc.
Probably don’t need any thing more!

Crime Investigation, History HD and Biography channel are great though. Really enjoy those.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]http://www.dishhdasia.com/

Lame website. Doesn’t even tell you what channels you can get! So the selection must be pretty poor.

Kennneth

I saw their presentation in front of New York New York / Warner in Xinyi when I was passing by. Didn’t have time to talk to a sales rep and their website appears to be be as useless as before. Does anybody have the lowdown on their channel list and pricing?

[quote=“k.k.”]More service, more providers always sounds good. I was thinking about it though, and with the premium package I have from Kbro (Jin Pyng Cable) I am already getting [color=#FF0000]History HD, Crime Investigation, Nat Geo Adventure, NGC HD, Golf, ASN sports HD (no MLB though), MGM, HBO, HBO Signature, HBO Favorites, HBO Family, Star World, Biography[/color], etc., etc.
Probably don’t need any thing more!

Crime Investigation, History HD and Biography channel are great though. Really enjoy those.[/quote]
You’re lucky. We don’t get any of those on cable in Tainan except standard HBO.

Oh MY GOD!!! Are you serious? Sign me UP! I know, I know, you make it sound too good to be true, but still, I can dream…

I saw them there too and talked to one of the saleswomen. At this point, their offerings aren’t that great and the price is a bit ridiculous. 14,000 set up, plus 1,000 per month. She said that the per month price will go up if they offer more channels too. Anyway, the ones I remember they have are: discovery, natgeo, discovery home & health, discovery science, discovery turbo, natgeo wild, natgeo adventure, ASN, food network, a korean channel (I don’t remember the name), and a german channel (don’t know the name of that one either). They don’t have Starworld, Universal, Scifi, Hallmark, or History, which are all available on BBTV. They also don’t offer Australia Network (which seems to only be offered by MOD at the moment, at least in my area). There are also no movie channels at this point (although she said that’s what they’re working on offering next). If you want satellite, I think Satellitte TVs offerings are much more comprehensive. If you just want certain channels like StarWorld, most cable companies’ digital box offerings will get you want, and at a much cheaper price than Dish HD.

1k a month for that :loco:
Well, I can see why no-one gives a shit about them :laughing: