Dish HD coming to Taiwan

My question is how much is the equipment?

What you should say is that the dishes point from anywhere south east to south west.

However for Dish TV if you are in Taipei Latitude: 25.0911° Longitude: 121.5598° Name: 122.2E Asiasat 4

Elevation: 60.6° [color=#0000FF]Azimuth (magn.): 182.5° [/color] points slight south east. Some of the satellites I pickup the dishes point almost due east or due west, certainly not south, only`

Don’t remember exactly, but dish+ installation is something like 13000. Until the end of the year they have a deal on their premier package, 1000NT a month down from 1200 (not sure if that’s permanent or just this year.)

Thanks for the info guys, on my one balcony I could point it anywhere from SE to S I think, and both have some S exposure, so hopefully I can get it.

Don’t remember exactly, but dish+ installation is something like 13000. Until the end of the year they have a deal on their premier package, 1000NT a month down from 1200 (not sure if that’s permanent or just this year.)

Thanks for the info guys, on my one balcony I could point it anywhere from SE to S I think, and both have some S exposure, so hopefully I can get it.[/quote]

Don’t let them give you a small 60cm dish get at least an 85cm

Thanks for the info guys, on my one balcony I could point it anywhere from SE to S I think, and both have some S exposure, so hopefully I can get it.[/quote]

Don’t let them give you a small 60cm dish get at least an 85cm[/quote]

Does the size affect reception quality/consistency? Will I definitely have a choice?

The dish size can affect the reception quality, especially in bad weather. However, it should be as big a deal here as it is further north. It also depends on how the beam from the satellite is focused, as some have a very wide spread which means you usually need a bigger dish, but in this case the beam should be more focused towards Taiwan. I dunno if they give you a choice between different dish sizes though, I’d presume they don’t.

Ah ok…I suspect you’re right about dish sizes but I’ll ask anyway. Kaohsiung rarely has rainy/stormy weather so I don’t see weather being much of an issue.

[quote=“hardball”]I have BBTV now and the Nat Geo/ Discovery/ ASN (American Sports Network?)/ and classical channel(…lots of opera) plus…for free bloomberg, starworld and a few others…I’m fine.

200NT per month…on top of basic cable. :s[/quote]

Does the bbTV settop box/recorder have an English language menu?

How many HD channels for 200NT?

Does the size affect reception quality/consistency? Will I definitely have a choice?[/quote]

Well with todays bad weather even an 85cm loses signal on Dish HD. It’s one of the reasons I use 1.2m or 1.8m dishes on most KU band services, except for the Thai satellite where I use a 3.7m dish.

I have one customer who has both a Dish HD system and my HAVA streaming and he wants to know why he still has signals on the HAVA but not on Dish HD. They only gave him a 60cm dish and a really long cable run.

Of course any decent satellite company gives you a choise of dish sizes that’s quite normal.

Cost Co is now promoting the DISH HD package. 35 channels in total, 17 are HD. Satellite is $11,000, installation is $2800. Service is $1000 per month (limited time offer). First 3 months are $500.

Cool, you get your own Satellite :smiley:

Go for it…

Cool, you get your own Satellite :smiley:[/quote]
:blush:

Satellite dish. :laughing:

Go for it…[/quote]
I’ve been setup well with much the same package of channels with my Kbro cable offering. I have Tivo type functions with it as well, so no need for now. It’s just good to know there are options. And more HD channels all the time! :discodance:

Go for it…[/quote]
I’ve been setup well with much the same package of channels with my Kbro cable offering. I have Tivo type functions with it as well, so no need for now. It’s just good to know there are options. And more HD channels all the time! :discodance:[/quote]
Yeah, but do you get to watch premier sports events live? That’s a big issue for me, and I’ve only found one place where I can get that…

Go for it…[/quote]
I’ve been setup well with much the same package of channels with my Kbro cable offering. I have Tivo type functions with it as well, so no need for now. It’s just good to know there are options. And more HD channels all the time! :discodance:[/quote]
Yeah, but do you get to watch premier sports events live? That’s a big issue for me, and I’ve only found one place where I can get that…[/quote]
Yes, I get live premier sports events. Depends on which ones you’re talking about though of course.
Where are you getting yours from? What exactly are you looking for?
I’m pretty happy with hockey, American football, and baseball. My cable package offers me that. I’d love to watch TSN and CBC Sports from Canada, but no one can offer me that. And for Canadian football, it’s webcasts or radio. You’d be surprised how many CFL games can be found week to week. I don’t miss much.

Go for it…[/quote]
Yeah, but do you get to watch premier sports events live? That’s a big issue for me, and I’ve only found one place where I can get that…[/quote]
Yes, I get live premier sports events. Depends on which ones you’re talking about though of course.
I’m pretty happy with hockey, American football, and baseball. My cable package offers me that. I’d love to watch TSN and CBC Sports from Canada, but no one can offer me that. And for Canadian football, it’s webcasts or radio. You’d be surprised how many CFL games can be found week to week. I don’t miss much.[/quote]
I’m not one for girly games.
just kidding…
Prefer to watch live Tri-Nations, Super14, Currie Cup etc… :whistle:

My provider is SatTV…

Go for it…[/quote]
I’m pretty happy with hockey, American football, and baseball. My cable package offers me that. I’d love to watch TSN and CBC Sports from Canada, but no one can offer me that. And for Canadian football, it’s webcasts or radio. You’d be surprised how many CFL games can be found week to week. I don’t miss much.[/quote]
I’m not one for girly games.
just kidding…
Prefer to watch live Tri-Nations, Super14, Currie Cup etc… :whistle:

My provider is SatTV…[/quote]
Rugby? No thanks. I’ll pass. I’m covered with my various options for now. When my cable contract is up with Kbro, I might consider the DISH HD option for a go. We’ll see what they are offering when that time comes.

Girly games…please… :ohreally:

:laughing:

Rugby? No thanks. I’ll pass. I’m covered with my various options for now. When my cable contract is up with Kbro, I might consider the DISH HD option for a go. We’ll see what they are offering when that time comes. Girly games…please… :ohreally: :laughing:[/quote]

Dish HD might be offering a lot more next year. Bismark already has the same sports that Dish HD has anyways but he really doesn’t watch much NFL or NHL. He’d rather watch Rugby Cricket and English Premier League football.

For me it’s Rugby, Superbikes, MotoGP, F1, Premier League, Cricket and then most toher sports except for tennis. My wife loves to watch all the Tennis.

[quote=“k.k.”]Girly games…please… :ohreally:

:laughing:[/quote]
I had to get that jibe in there! :smiley:

Enjoy, mate! It’s all good. :thumbsup:

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“k.k.”]Girly games…please… :ohreally:

:laughing:[/quote]
I had to get that jibe in there! :smiley:

Enjoy, mate! It’s all good. :thumbsup:[/quote]
No worries. I know, it’s all good. :wink: