Disinformation Governance Board - i.e., the Nina Goebbels thread

Yeah, I see her modus operandi. Every day throw out 1 or, better yet, many subjects on how to control information, any information. She’s making herself a running target, but one that is running wildly everywhere.

Wasting no time becoming The Ministry of Truth.

If this is true, I’m sure even @Malasang88 will agree this board must be abolished.

On here, editing a persons post on here is something I never do unless I get permission from the poster and I make clear what is being edited, at first it seems like an easy route to moderation, but it’s not right IMO.

So, if something needs to be removed in a persons post I would ask they remove it themselves, if they refuse I would remove the post even there was quality stuff in there. I think there might even be legal implications of editing something someone else wrote if they feel that what was being put in doesn’t represent what they are saying and the edit looks like it is their actual opinion in the tweet or post that had been edited.

Needless to say, she hasn’t thought that one through at all.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t really tell the context from this video and tried to find more info about it. Is there a longer video?

Sounds like she is saying Twitter would allow verified users to add context. 1. Adding context is different than changing what people wrote. Spotify adds context, Facebook they all do this already. I’m thinking those links that say get more information about COVID-19. 2. If Twitter has that policy…then ok that’s their choice.

So again it’s all in the implementation.

Glenn Greenwald is a national treasure.

2 Likes

Calling Nina G? Are you there? Shall you write opinion on AP’s disinformation?
There was indeed an actual vote.
In fact…:

1 Like

Nina G, where are you???
Will you say his testimony is disinformation?
I’m here to help you with your job, gratis, too.

1 Like

Sounds on the money. There’s no way they put this loose cannon in there to send out form messages and interdepartmental warnings when the Chinese claim down is up or something.

1 Like

Finally, an article that delves into her 1-year stint as Fulbright Scholar (under Clinton Foundation) at Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry.
She truly is following in the footsteps of great propagandists. Joseph Goebbels is smiling up at her.

I think the free crack pipe lie deserves a look see.

Glad to see they at least gave them sterile alcohol wipes.

Whoa-whohhhh. What happened? Coordinated attacks?
How about her idiotic ideas/remarks since she too the helm.
Further investigation shows she was actually in the press-room of Zelensky’s campaign headquarters in 2019. Must look great on CV.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/18/disinformation-board-dhs-nina-jankowicz/

A ‘pause’ of the Department of Homeland Security’s newly created board comes after its head, Nina Jankowicz, was the victim of coordinated online attacks as the administration struggled to respond

Nina Jankowicz, who served as a Fulbright fellow, works in a press room at Volodymyr Zelensky’s campaign headquarters in 2019 in Kyiv, Ukraine. Jankowicz was recently named the head of the Department of Homeland Security’s Disinformation Governance Board.

Now, just three weeks after its announcement, the Disinformation Governance Board is being “paused,” according to multiple employees at DHS, capping a back-and-forth week of decisions that changed during the course of reporting of this story. On Monday, DHS decided to shut down the board, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. By Tuesday morning, Jankowicz had drafted a resignation letter in response to the board’s dissolution.

But Tuesday night, Jankowicz was pulled into an urgent call with DHS officials who gave her the choice to stay on, even as the department’s work was put on hold because of the backlash it faced, according to multiple people with knowledge of the call. Working groups within DHS focused on mis-, dis- and mal-information have been suspended. The board could still be shut down pending a review from the Homeland Security Advisory Council; Jankowicz is evaluating her position within the department.

3 Likes

Not surprising considering what a public relations nightmare the whole thing has been. What a bunch of fucking morons thinking this was a good idea in the first place.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, I just read that thing. It’s by Taylor Lorenz, of course. It’s frightening to think that kind of conception of reality exists outside of a novel.

He forgot Forumosa, about 12 hours from D.C. on the other side of the world

3 Likes

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/05/18/karine_jean-pierre_on_disinformation_board_its_paused_but_the_work_doesnt_stop.html

And some more:

It’s unclear whether plans for the board will be un-paused in the future; Jankowicz had initially decided to resign, reconsidered when she was told the pause might be temporary, and then ultimately left anyway.

Nothing like a wishy washy speech czar.

That’s the explicit message of the article, and it’s hammered home over and over again: expressing concerns about Jankowicz and the Disinformation Governance Board is an act of sabotage by bad-faith right-wing harassers against a noble public servant. The Washington Post does not grapple with legitimate criticisms of Jankowicz. The article doesn’t even acknowledge that any exist. Bad people oppose Jankowicz, in the Post 's framing, and if you oppose Jankowicz, you’re probably one of them.

2 Likes

Doocy looks like a dumb blond, but he’s actually pretty sharp. :grin:

Here’s a good SOP on how to dig your grave even deeper.

3 Likes

That was an amazing bit of disinformation.

“This is a tough one right here” lol