Disinformation Governance Board - i.e., the Nina Goebbels thread

Can you imagine all the childish behavior guys do that could be a danger to national security?

We can’t be secure without Nina in there.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

https://youtu.be/8KBKPtqdAIM?t=259

Democrats had to pull their product from the free marketplace of ideas after only two weeks because it was clear the market was too childish to buy the idea of an official truth. That left them no choice but to play the victim to save face.

Nope, you’re all wrong. America was just too dumb to understand what she was going to do. Then again, maybe America had an “Ah-ha!” moment and went with its collective gut.

Interview with Nina Jankowicz on the threats she received, the purpose of the DHS board and a detailed explanation of the workings of right wing social media.

BTW, Disinformation Governance Board? They couldn’t have picked a worse name. If they truly wanted to produce effective propaganda, they would have used words, like truth, legal or perhaps something in Latin.

How she became a target? Uhm, her incredibly biased and hateful tweets, maybe? Her history of rhetorical advocacy, maybe?

This should also be in the Morgue 2022 thread, ha.
It lived a quick life, but the death was painful for those involved. They’ll carry it on their backs politically.

3 Likes

“I had hoped we would be more transparent about how the board was going to operate and what it was going to do,” she said, acknowledging that the new initiative should have been rolled out differently.

So information was not their strong suit. That’s fair

“For whatever reason, that didn’t happen, and that information vacuum only grew. And I think the information vacuum kind of directed a lot of the attacks and digging around in my personal life.”

So they couldn’t even govern the disinformation about their own disinformation governance board. This was clearly a massive fail. One day I’m sure we’ll get a more competent board that can first govern the disinformation against it and then play the vital role of governing any disinformation that might reach the sensitive ears of a gullible public.

2 Likes

One that will hopefully be brought up come debate time.

2 Likes

HS’s mission to fight disinformation, stemming from concerns around Russian influence in the 2016 presidential election, began taking shape during the 2020 election and over efforts to shape discussions around vaccine policy during the coronavirus pandemic. Documents collected by The Intercept from a variety of sources, including current officials and publicly available reports, reveal the evolution of more active measures by DHS.

This is pretty much what the DNC/Clinton Campaign wanted. This is the long game, imo. Control, Chinese style inner censoring, put the fear of dog into people.

“The challenge is particularly acute in marginalized communities,” the report states, “which are often the targets of false or misleading information, such as false information on voting procedures targeting people of color.”

Right, and we can’t have suppression outsourced! That’s the DNC’s job. Who better to tell the voting public in Georgia that them Repubes wanna put them back in chains and not let them drink water while standing on line.

I had read that earlier and wondered where to put it, some pointed out the timeline (5 years) is way off it goes back at least to 2009.

This constant massaging the narrative works too, here is Tucker Carlson who people have been conditioned to reject along with Glenn Greenwald who people have also been trained to reject.

One of the points Glenn brings up was Victoria Nuland testimony about labs in Ukraine. We all knew not to bring that up before she testified the MSM had made it clear no one was allowed to do that but the reaction I got on here from certain posters who didn’t get the memo that someone had in fact testified that labs exist and they were worried Russians might get their hands on some stuff, was for one poster to go absolutely ballistic.

2 Likes

It was funny Greenwald got some taunting on Twitter about Bolsonaro’s loss because he once said something on Tucker that could be construed as supporting him, if you were brainlocked and squinted real hard. Of course his reporting was largely responsible for getting Lula out of jail, among other things.

1 Like

A more concise piece on this

Jesus:

What might DHS consider “inaccurate information” worthy of suppression? A whole host of topics, including “the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines, racial justice, U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the nature of U.S. support to Ukraine.”

China-light. This is how it begins.