Diskussion auf Deutsch

Why does this forum have Diskussion auf Deutsch, but not 中文討論 nor discusión en español ?

Were there significant numbers of German speakers?

Not questioning about its necessity or suggesting forums in other languages. Just wondered if there was some interesting reason that we have Diskussion auf Deutsch.

please give @geajvop a special sub forum for his fantasy language he keeps using. we can call it fantasy land with strange flavored beers

3 Likes

It was once associated with one of our mod’s websites. He has moved on, but the forum lives on. We once had a Spanish forum, but it died out. I don’t really know any of the history there. As for Chinese forums, it’s been talked about in the past. There are others, and it could conflict too much with our focus, I think.

2 Likes

just goes to show, the spanish are lazy…racist joke out :sweat_smile:

chinese forum is not necessary. it’s imo contradictory to the meaning of an expat forum. you could expand the learning chinese section maybe but honestly how many of you want to write chinese in an expat forum to non-chinese?

I don’t see the necessity of Chinese forum too, though I think Chinese could be a common language of expats from non English speaking countries.

i’m sure chinese is a common language among south-east, east asian students here in taiwan. but i don’t think they will use forumosa as a platform to communicate, exchange ideas.

1 Like

Viele Members von diese Forum konnen Deutsch.

2 Likes

Supongo que los miembros que hablan alemán son tantos como los que hablan español.

2 Likes

Claro que sí

1 Like

Mostly the non-English forums were a question of whether there was a moderator who could check in on it to address complaints or issues, i.e., were rules being broken. Personally, I think it would be great to have forums in Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Greek, Montenegrin, or Albanian, for example - I no longer worry about balkanization of any kind. But it seems reasonable that there be someone who could moderate them.

I have long found it interesting that the Spanish forum hasn’t come back. I hope it will some day

4 Likes

Ah die guten alten ‘diskussioun am fantasiesprooche’ forum!

1 Like

I’d love to have a Moselfränkisch Forum :banana:

2 Likes

Are you running for a mod?

I’d love a Stanish Forum.

jeder dürfte dort reden, wie ihm der schnabel gewachsen ist. nur sächsisch, das geht gar nicht! :smile:

2 Likes

I nominate @geajvop to mod the Babel Forum

4 Likes

he’d fit perfectly into the mod team. he speaks in a language no one understands and the mods talk about things no one understands like forum policy, what is this thing? :thinking: maybe just make the temp forum the babel forum, wouldn’t that serve all of us :hugs:

1 Like

I would, if I understood more Moselfränkisch than just “Bui dei Kailo wo den koa hoar hot” (fu*k your dog where it doesn’t have hair, probably meaning something like Gan ning nia).

Now… Stanish? What kind of language family does that belong to?

1 Like

das sieht mehr nach kantonesisch als nach nem deutschen dialekt aus. da fühl ich mich gleich wieder zu den deutschstunden zurückversetzt, wo wir die angeblich schönsten althochdeutschen gedichte entschlüsseln durften. das ergebnis war in etwa so wie deine englische übersetzung :laughing:

1 Like

guess I should have said a Stani Forum.

Бул сыяктуу бир нерсе, немесе сол, yoki biror narsa.

русский может стать общим языком, хотя.

اوه ، زه باید دا هیر نکړم.

1 Like

I’m impressed. If that was not off of Google translate, then I hope you found a good job where you can use these many languages :+1: