Disney English in Taipei from November 4-November 6!

Want to work for Mickey Mouse?

Please join Disney English in Taipei for an information session, or meet up with us on Friday, November 6th for a cocktail hour. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about our program and discuss exciting opportunities within Disney English as we continue to grow in Shanghai, China.

Schedule:
Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:00pm Information Session
Friday, November 5, 2010 10:00am Information Session
Friday, November 5, 2010 7:00pm Cocktail Hour
Saturday, November 6, 2010 10:00am Information Session

We’re actively looking for experienced, enthusiastic Foreign Trainers, and Language Learning Directors to instruct children ages 2-9 at Disney English Language Learning Centers in Shanghai. At Disney English, we use an innovative and immersive program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience.

Qualified candidates should be creative and enthusiastic, bringing a unique personality to the Disney English classroom. Talents in music and the arts are a plus. Must be native English speakers, have Bachelors degree and at least two years of post-graduate teaching experience (preferably with young learners).

Interested candidates should RSVP to sarah.b.mason@disney.com. Please don’t forget to include the date and time of the event you’re interested in attending!

From eslteachersboard.com:

“I have worked for Disney before and understand they are a business and they offer a service to their guests. I know the program is new (started in 2008) and not much is out there from searching the internet except what the company is saying. I would be teaching 20-25 hours weekly and 40 hours at work total. They pay 4,350RMB for housing and 10,000RMB salary monthly. Anyone have advise about Disney English or heard anything negative?”

Don’t know about that pay rate for China…?? They are advertising heavily everywhere – even in upstate New York, which is effectively Nowheresville.

The pay rate seems to compare well compared to most mainland jobs I see advertised.

The British guy who used to be in charge of Shane in Taiwan is in charge of Disney now. He always came across as a pretty sound bloke. I’ve heard that Disney are looking for very big expansion in China, so maybe they would be a decent place to work with possibilities of promotion. Always better to work for an expanding company than the chain schools in Taiwan who spend all their time looking to cut costs as student numbers drop.

cocktail hour sounds inviting!

There was an article on this in the Economist recently.

If I were still young, ambitious and single this is the sort of company I’d be hitching a ride with. EFL in Taiwan is extinct.

I moved the comments related to working for Disney English here: http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=94260&start=0