Divorce petition

If you refuse to accept the paper in person, it can still be mailed to you.

You can refuse to accept registered mail as well. Although I’m sure they can just hire a process server like anywhere else

If there is no condition listed in Article 1052 of Civil Code, the divorce wouldn’t be made unless you sign a paper.

There are mandatory mediation sessions before the petition goes to a judge.

LAF lawyer will explain more.

1 Like

Just in case it hasnt been said enough.

DONT sign. I made that mistake after years of being ground.down, regret it to this day.

Also.follow Icon advice. Dont cheat, dont even.talk to the opposite sex! Icon is dead on, many people seems to ge caught up in that. I was too except my friend who was female is hardcore gay so it couldnt go anywhere haha. Dumb luck.

If you have no contacts or friends here, make some ASAP. Courts in taiwan are a lot like high school. Popularity contests not justice :frowning:

However if you do hurt your wife and thats the reason for divorce you kind of deserve to get Fd. So he damn sure you are in the right. A lot of us support fellow foreigners getting screwed, but sometimes the forwigner is a real piece of shit! Its hard on the internet. So no matter how much she hurts you, never hurt her. It would look way different if you hurt her opposed she takes your kids, abandons you and.gets you deported. Right or wrong, social norms. Be careful :slight_smile:

2 Likes