Divorcees rights

I’m a foreigner married to a Taiwanese. We’ve been talking about getting a divorce. I have a ARC which will expire in 2008. I want to know what rights I will have to stay in Taiwan after my divorce. Will I still be able to work in Taiwan? I don’t have any idea what to expect. Help me please!

Thanks.

[quote=“Sherryx”]I’m a foreigner married to a Taiwanese. We’ve been talking about getting a divorce. I have a ARC which will expire in 2008. I want to know what rights I will have to stay in Taiwan after my divorce. Will I still be able to work in Taiwan? I don’t have any idea what to expect. Help me please!

Thanks.[/quote]

After you register your divorce you will be required to leave unless you convert your Marriage ARC to an employment ARC.

You may be eligible for the APRC before then and if so should get one. Then if you divorce you can still stay in Taiwan and legally work.

The other option is to become an ROC citizen. If you start your ROC nationality process before you divorce you can divorce before the application is complete and you will be allowed to stay.