Do all women want to be led?

I think this statement gets to the heart of it.

Otherwise, it seems to me that what the OP is saying women really don’t care where they’re going or are too lazy to put in the effort to make sure they do go where they want to go.

When it comes to insignificant things, most people are willing to accept whatever decision is made within limits–men and women. Point in case, today I had lunch with a friend. He brought the food, I brought the drinks. Before meeting, I called him to ask him what he wanted to drink. He didn’t care as long as it wasn’t soda or cranberry juice. Sure, he could have told me that he wanted orange juice or tea, but he was thinking about other things and didn’t feel like examining his drink preferences at the time.

Should I now ask everyone if this is a male thing? Do men generally prefer women to decide all their food and drink choices for them? Is this evidence of men’s subconscious desire, possibly a result of their genetic programming, to have women nourish them and be responsible for their general physical well-being?[/quote]

Yea, it’s called laziness. We don’t care, generally, what we’re eating as long as it tastes half-way decent. Back into the kitchen with you, and there had better be some food on the gd table when I get home, or [backhand].

I read it as “laid”…

…zeppelin?

In my experience, no.
Unfortunately.

I did. I’m too stoopid to play guitars, though.

I think this statement gets to the heart of it.

Otherwise, it seems to me that what the OP is saying women really don’t care where they’re going or are too lazy to put in the effort to make sure they do go where they want to go.

When it comes to insignificant things, most people are willing to accept whatever decision is made within limits–men and women. Point in case, today I had lunch with a friend. He brought the food, I brought the drinks. Before meeting, I called him to ask him what he wanted to drink. He didn’t care as long as it wasn’t soda or cranberry juice. He just wanted me to pick something that would go with the meal we’d planned. Sure, he could have told me that he wanted orange juice or tea, but he was thinking about other things and didn’t feel like examining his drink preferences at the time.

Should I now ask everyone if this is a male thing? Do men generally prefer women to decide all their food and drink choices for them? Is this evidence of men’s subconscious desire, possibly a result of their genetic programming, to have women nourish them and be responsible for their general physical well-being?[/quote]

Funny, I was going to use the food example as an example of the exact opposite. :slight_smile:

Generally, I’ve found that if the outcome doesn’t really matter to either party then women will almost always avoid making a decision if there is a man there to do it. I’ve only realised this since thinking about what my friend said the other day. This is not to say that if a woman has a preference then she will allow the man to over-ride it, not at all. I’m thinking specifically of equal relationships with women who are not content to be dominated.

Stimpy, I don’t have a lot of experience of the cross-cultural thing. Most of the women I’ve spent any quality time with in Taiwan have been of the ballsy foreign persuasion. I have happily ridden pillion behind girls who insisted that I choose where we went for dinner when all I wanted was to be driven anywhere and fed.

Loretta wrote: [quote]Most of the women I’ve spent any quality time with in Taiwan have been of the ballsy foreign persuasion. I have happily ridden pillion behind girls [/quote]
Yeah, but riding pillion makes sense seeing as the girls were probably heavier than you. :smiling_imp: :slight_smile:

All I know is that my past 2 gfs really felt it was important that I lead in most situations and blatantly told me that. The first gf almost always ended up making the decisions because I was afraid to upset her with my choice since she was picky and this annoyed her a lot.

[quote=“Loretta”] Most of the women I’ve spent any quality time with in Taiwan have been of the… foreign persuasion. .[/quote] That makes me jealous, somehow… (notice ommision of the homoerotic “ballsy” element :smiley: )

I want a man who keeps my fridge stocked with broccoli.

My criteria aren’t reallly that stringent. Just someone who doesn’t make me weep with boredom. The rest can be worked upon. But no Canadians, as they are all weird.

Men, women…bleah…look at human reality. Fascism is the norm. We all want a strongman to tell us all what to do. Heil! Il Duce! Yes sir, no sir! A-ten-tion!

Fun…it is?! Hahahahah. I used to be the ‘leader’ in a way back home…for some reason my gfs always walked behind me into clubs…I made reservations, chased the cockroaches out of the house and dealt with tricky situations like drunky beggars or violent guys.

but in Taiwan I’ve been with women that have VERY specific tastes…so I’ve taken the backseat to deciding where to eat, where to go etc. I think, at some point even ‘dominant’ girls would love to be led…like right after school when you’ve had elementary kids swear at you and co-teachers crying and storming out.

then I can’t even find my way across the street. Auto-pilot is a nice mode to be in sometimes…