Do apps that don't allow screenshots aggravate you too?

So my Family Mart is having a promotion, buy two single origin coffees at a pretty big discount. I ask about it and they tell me it’s through their app, which I don’t have. Fine, I go home and download the app.

The home page is riddled with text and images, and I just want to figure out how to register–the images don’t help. Anyway, it’s easiest for me to take a screenshot and then run it through Google translate so I can find what I’m looking for. But the damn app won’t allow screenshots.

This has happened a couple of times in the past with other apps, and I immediately delete the apps in anger. Why do they do this? If it’s for security, someone please explain how making a screenshot for my personal use is “dangerous”, security wise.

4 Likes

Not for your security! Likely to prevent reuse of discount QR codes and shit like that, farming money off or things of that nature.

5 Likes

That helps me understand better, thanks. I have the 7-11 Open Point app and it allows screenshots no problem. Maybe Family Mart had a problem in the past? It’s still frustrating when all I want to do is translate a bunch of text.

FamilyMart app:
Go to the account page in the app.
Way down in the ‘Contact Us’ section you can enable screenshots.

7 Likes

Excellent!

EasyCard app does this. I have no idea what features it has because I can’t translate the damn thing