Do I need to back pay labor insurance for many years out of country?

Hi i need advice regarding my labor insurance. I have Taiwan ID way back Sept 2016. Im 30yrs old now. I lived Taiwan for 3 yrs including when i have ARC. My problem is, BTW, im dual citizen. Taiwan and Philippines. My problem is i go back to the Philippines Dec 2018. Because of the Pandemic COVID 19 (2019-2022) I can’t back to Taiwan. Then, suddenly i have a bill worth 25k NTD from bureau of labor. What will i do? Can i pay that for installments? Right now, i dont have work because ive been taking care of my daughter.

Ps: been to Taiwan this October 2023 and live here for good

that could be an option. you could call labor bureau and consult.

I’m relatively new to Taiwan so I don’t fully understand what Labor Insurance is, so correct me if I’m wrong.

• Labor insurance is mandatory for employers (to insure their employee)

• An employee may voluntarily pay extra each month (deducted from their paycheck) for a higher payout later

Based on the above, one would assume that if someone quits their job (as the OP did, to move to the Philippines), they are no longer required to pay Labor Insurance. Am I wrong?

1 Like

if the op is a business owner or something who voluntarily enrolled, and didn’t cancel it when left taiwan, it is possible the op has been in the insurance.

or it could be national pension.

anyway, op could talk to labor insurance office to solve this situation.

2 Likes

Usually but not quite 100% always.

I don’t remember hearing/reading that. :idunno:

1 Like