Do I violate my work permit by selling stuff on Taiwan Ebay?

ORIGINAL TITLE: Taiwan Ebay

Does selling stuff on the Taiwanese version of ebay qualify as illegally working? I’m not refering to doing it as a full time or part time job. Just the way to get rid of unwanted or unused items.

[quote=“nonredneck”]
ORIGINAL TITLE: Taiwan Ebay

Does selling stuff on the Taiwanese version of ebay qualify as illegally working? I’m not refering to doing it as a full time or part time job. Just the way to get rid of unwanted or unused items.[/quote]
Selling stuff is not working, so, no. I’ve sold stuff online here when I didn’t have a work permit at all, and nobody said boo. Sell away!

What Taiwan eBay? I’ve got stuff needs to go as well.

I don’t know what the OP was referring to, but I use Yahoo Taiwan. Sold my old bike there for about NT$8000. You can register with a foreign ID, but you’ll need to be able to read Chinese (or have a friend help you).

Ruten is the other big auction site; unfortunately, it rejected my ARC number as an invalid ID, so I couldn’t register for it.

Thanks for replying. I’ll check them out and no worries about Chinese characters. I love them. I am Taiwanese. :slight_smile: