Do NWOHRs qualify for Working Holiday Schemes?

Hi all,

I’d love to live and work in some countries (UK/France) that offer a 2-year working holiday visa to ROC passport holders. This is not offered to US citizens unfortunately. However, things are never that straightforward if you’re an NWOHR passport holder. Does anyone have any experience, or have any insight?

Thanks!

you can check each country’s requirement for working holiday visa. Many, if not all, may say you need a passport with a national ID number.

Thanks for the response! I wasn’t able to find any specific information online regarding a national ID number so I wanted to come on here and ask for any previous experiences.

Nationals of the Republic of China apply for “Working Holiday (Youth Exchange) Visa” of other countries

I think it depends.
In New Zealand NWOHR are ineligible. Part of the application requires you to provide the English transcript of your Household registration from the HHR office.

In Australia you are required to ‘hold a passport and be a citizen of one of the partner countries’. Australian law general expects that citizens of a country have the unrestricted right of abode in that country, which NWOHR do not have.
While their website doesn’t explicitly say that NWOHR are ineligible, I would be surprised if a NWOHR passport meets the citizen requirement.

Part of the process when I registered my daughters citizenship was providing that.

I told them that I don’t have HHR and then they never replied. But a week later her NZ citizenship arrived in the mail.

So I would presume they would have exceptions for those who don’t have it…

1 Like

Bit different to a working holiday visa though :sweat_smile:

Yes but I would wonder what they would say if you said “I don’t have that”

They want proof you can live permanently in Taiwan. Or rather proof that you will leave NZ. If you’re applying for NZ citizenship it doesn’t matter if she leaves NZ or not. NWOHR can’t technically live permanently in Taiwan

From NZ immigration website:

After you apply online, we’ll ask you to send us your household registration certificate confirming you right to live in Taiwan permanently. The certificate must include your:

1 Like