Do Offices Have Alarms to Start Stop Day

Do Taiwan offices have bells to signal events in the day like starting and stopping work?

Was watching a China TV show about a modern office worker and at the end of the day a bell rang to signal end of the working day. Kind of like a school bell. Most of the people got up to leave which surprised me because I thought everyone keeps working well into the evening.

I know factories do (even back home) but what about offices?

Some do, some don’t.

Are any of them as awesome as the “Taipei Library” song? :books: :man_singer: :musical_note: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We have the same bell song as schools and universities. I guess it is a public realm kind of thing but I wonder why that tune?

BTW, if you have an ASUS phone, it is one of the alarm choices.

Never heard one as rocking as that. I think most of the ones I’ve heard have been the school tune. Probably in order to perpetuate that student/master ~ employee/master psychology.

My wife found out that they stop work on the minute in China in some offices. wechat with some companies there and they will literally disconnect on the minute. But you’ll find individual traders working at anytime.
In general Chinese workers finish punctually they do not hang around like Taiwan they are also more aggressive with management and expressing their opinion.

So, then I would assume that Chinese office workers work less hours and I already know they make more money.

My office in China had one - super cheerful and annoying. For break time they also had one where they would need you through a variety of exercises. Lunch time as well.

Essentially they controlled the flow of workers with various alarms and HR “assistants” sending out reminders via the company app. It might have been a good thing as most were very young, there was little in the way of management and those in leadership positions knew little about leadership.

Oh yeah, just like morning exercises in school! :grinning: I remember seeing that at the start of the day outside a department store, all the 服務員’s in uniform. I also remember a street vendor getting up to leave in the middle of a haggle one afternoon. At first I thought I had somehow offended her, but then I noticed she was marching in a line with her colleagues (not running from the police).