Do Taiwanese men pay for everything in a datin relationship?

geez,next time try my restaurant,i’ll take care of you both for much less than that,and you needn’t be worried about your palate’s satisfaction… :wink:

dablindfrog I would love to, what is your establishment called? What type of place is it.

Yah, I agree. But I’m not dating anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

You can always suggest to go dutch. That way nobody loses face.

Yep, you pay her for sex too from what I hear. You pay the rent in human flesh, You pay off her car loans with kisses, with her clothes on your credit cards, you pays the lectrics and phoines too.

For that your get squat… diddly squat. :smiley:

There is a Chinese saying “Men pay money, women pay sex”
I guess that’s where your gf got this idea.
Some Taiwanese women consider they’re paying you with kissing, cuddling, or touching…you.
Though ideas change when time goes by or when people have more life experiences.

[quote=“hhohho91”]There is a Chinese saying “Men pay money, women pay sex”
Some Taiwanese women consider they’re paying you with kissing, cuddling, or touching…you.
Though ideas change when time goes by or when people have more life experiences.[/quote]

Well it’s still true… women will do most anything for money… sex included.

[quote=“hhohho91”]There is a Chinese saying “Men pay money, women pay sex”
Though ideas change when time goes by or when people have more life experiences.[/quote]

Sadly a % of women are like this. You can spot them by looking out for things such as LV handbags. I have a way of always avoiding these women, and I’ll tell you my secret.

Wear flipflops and an old T-shirt. They won’t look at you twice.

You have to ask how its different from prostitution, albeit polite prostituion. I’d say its probably more expensive, and you also lose your freedom.

Mostly it seems this way, esp. if the guy is working and not a student.

I think student couples usually split the bill.

Some boyfriends have to pay their gf’s phone bill/utilities/vacation/spending $$ too.

But at least on the first few dates, the guy pays for everything if he asked her out.
If they are just friends going out, then they each pay their own portion, I suppose.

[quote=“Quentin”][quote=“Mr He”]It must be a scandinavian thing, actually.

In the very moment the women see us, they take out their wallets…“How much for that handsome hunk?”[/quote]

Women earn the same as men and just as many rights as men in Scandinavia, yes? It’s a women in liberated modern societies vs. women still living subserviantly in more traditional societies thing. They call it “go Dutch” because the custom originated in Holland, which has always been the most liberal society in the world, even back when they coined “go Dutch”.[/quote]

Ahem - no it’s an English phrase that dates back to the 17th century when the Dutch were military and trading rivals of the English. The phrase “to go Dutch” is a variant on “Dutch Treat”. I remember reading somewhere it was to do with the Dutch charging ships a large % of the value of their cargo to travel through their canals to reach central Europe (mainly Germany). Other examples are talking “double Dutch” (gibberish) and a “Dutch auction” (a backwards auction).

This rumour is wrong. I paid for dinner tonight.

If you were my girlfriend and I was in your boyfriend’s shoes, I’d insist on you paying for everything. My loving don’t come cheap, baby.

Why wasn’t it listed in the Forumosa Events??? I would’ve joined :laughing:

[quote=“TonAng”]
Ahem - no it’s an English phrase that dates back to the 17th century when the Dutch were military and trading rivals of the English. The phrase “to go Dutch” is a variant on “Dutch Treat”. I remember reading somewhere it was to do with the Dutch charging ships a large % of the value of their cargo to travel through their canals to reach central Europe (mainly Germany). Other examples are talking “double Dutch” (gibberish) and a “Dutch auction” (a backwards auction).[/quote]

Dutch Courage (alcohol induced).

Dutch oven… i think thats a recent one where u get stoned by being in a small enough space whilst everyone else is smoking.

Interesting twist on an old theme.

Love was just so much simpler back in the good old days.

HG :grandpa:

If you were my girlfriend and I was in your boyfriend’s shoes, I’d insist on you paying for everything. My loving don’t come cheap, baby.[/quote]
Honestly I wouldn’t mind. He is a college student and I understand how hard it is to make ends meet and pay for tuition.

Ya regretably in my experience. A Taiwanese girl who wants to be your girlfriend or is your girlfriend wont usually pay.

But the ones that really want to make sure that you dont think of them as a girlfriend will insist on paying their own way :slight_smile:

but a true girlfriend who is aware of your situation will pay her way and even yours depending on the circumstance. My girlfriend who knew i wasnt rich used to pay for gas for my car and pick up expensive dinner tabs and also buy me nice POLO clothes, etc. I paid for the usual expenses but she paid for some big ticket items.

Hmmm, my SO pays her own way. She’s always insisted on doing so. Or, sometimes I pay, sometimes she pays, you know.

Same here. Sometimes she even pays without me noticing and when I give the person money it’s already been taken care of. No idea why she does it, but it’s just her way…

Back when I was dating, I’d usually pay at least half of expenses. This was just to keep my own authority in the relationship. Too many men seem to think that they’re buying more than dinner and a movie. But many Taiwanese women and men, both, told me that men are supposed to pay. Usually, though, the men would give in after one or two dates, and let me share the bills.