Do Taiwanese Teachers make more $$$ in buxibans or public schools

Carry on then.

You could google issues in regards to academia if you are interested.

I donā€™t need to google things like these falsities. I know itā€™s bullshit. Maybe it happens in places where people live on the slopes of hills, but it doesnā€™t happen in the cities.

Thanks for the respectful insights. I am talking academia and universities, which is very much largely city centric in case that wasnt already known. Loads of talk about the uni realm in regards to these problems, it is quite the norm. No need to rehash the millions of articles, discussions, videos etc that already discuss the pettiness of the arena.

Not my experience. But Iā€™ve only been teaching uni for 30 years. What do I know?

Great, we have different experiences then :slight_smile: Thatā€™s what forums are for

I know people that go to court in Taiwan over petty professor BS and research. Itā€™s out there :slight_smile: Glad you havent encountered it, quite impressive for 30 years!

Edit to add: Thank god for tenure!

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/08/18/acad-politics/

These things do come up from time to timeā€¦ like this well known incident.

Although I generally agree with @Explant on this one, Iā€™m also fortunate to be shielded from this in my current position; AFAIK, and for reasons I wonā€™t go into

Perhaps @jimipresley has mostly been lucky. I wonder how many of those 30 years were as an expat English language teacher at the same uni?

I think it gets abused

I think probably the term blacklisted in the most literal sense isnt really accurate. especially in the private field where everyone (bosses) is highly competitive jealous and petty. even in academia probably there exists no list, outside of child offenders.

perhaps a more accurate way of looking at it is being ostracized. the amount of gossip and pettiness is unreal, and it does hurt the reputations of many. this can easily be tarnished and hurt job prospects.

Not just common in education, I would think it is common in many professions. I personally cant stand dealing with universities as they really tend to be more on te entitled immature side compared to industry. Anything needing done throug them is always exhausting for us. I feel like I go back in time to high school more often than not :expressionless:

1 Like