Do we need a "Reddit Appreciation Thread"?

Any chance we can move all the Reddit stuff to a “Reddit Appreciation Thread” or “Stuff I already Seen On Reddit” ?! @RickRoll

Why do you think that’s necessary?

In the last couple of months the vast majority of posts are simply links to Reddit threads, most of which have no comment or added value. For a Reddit user it’s kind of pointless as they can just watch them on Reddit…For me at least they’re also not embedded, they won’t play on Forumosa but open up the time-killing wormhole that is Reddit instead!

Some topics here – Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, Daily Photos, etc. – are just like that, no comment or added value.

Maybe, but not all Formosans are Reddit users.

I know. I hate that too!
Unfortunately, that’s due to a Reddit limitation as they don’t want people playing their videos outside of their platform.
I just don’t see how opening a “Reddit Appreciation Thread” would help with that.

2 Likes

They will be when they click on the Reddit videos!

It would put all the Reddit videos into a separate Reddit link thread instead of cluttering up the embedded video thread. I could also then avoid it and the wormhole…

1 Like

Oh, OK!
Yeah, we could do that.
But I’m thinking on leaving that topic open to anything from Reddit, not only videos, if you don’t mind. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good to me, thanks!

1 Like