Do You Listen to Music While Surfing the Net?

Do You Listen to Music While Surfing the Net?

• Almost Always
  • Sometimes
  • Almost Never

0 voters

I’m just curious as to how many people surf the net in silence, enjoying the hum of their fan and the spin of their HD and how many are rocking out, bobbin’ their head to Jay-Z (<- coming to Taiwan incase ya didn’t know.)

pandora.com/

I was going to put this in the good www thread but I am too lazy to click way over there.
This is the best song playing thing I have ever seen.

[quote=“Chicken”]http://www.pandora.com/

I was going to put this in the good www thread but I am too lazy to click way over there.
This is the best song playing thing I have ever seen.[/quote]
First time I’ve listened to music here since last week (after using the site.)

What an intelligent site. I don’t listen to music much anymore because I’m sick of all the artists I already know and I don’t know where to begin to broaden my horizons. I listen to a lot on internet radio when I’m at home. I just heard 6 bands that I’ve never heard before and I like simply by choosing an atrist that I already know.

Thank you, thank you!

Now If they will just turn it into a dashboard widget…

I just can’t get enough of those 80’s tunes.

You just can’t get enough, you just can’t get enough…

Aha ha ha.

Sorry.

I been rocking tunes all day because of that Pandora website. I’m sure I’ll close the window tonight and go back to my none musical ways tomorrow.

I have to deal with live bands every night. I have a musician man whose shows and practices I have to go to. I have a musician roommate. My best friend is a musician. I do work for two major labels. When i am at home I just want quiet. I even get grumpy about the TV being turned on. I just want silence.

crap… this pandora thing is cool… the last thing i need right now is something else to play with online!!!

I just rethought my answer. I answered never. But then it hit me that I spend more time surfing at riverside than I do at home. So I should have said I usually do. I suck.

Your welcome, and sorry.
I forget about it most of the time, then its like “Dooh!!” (head slap)

pandora.com

Great site.

But it only runs out of one speaker:(

Does this happen to you?

What could be the problem?

I get stereo like sound.

Something’s almost always on, but what I listen to depends on where I am. At home: music. At work in the morning: podcasts, various videos (minimized). Everywhere (else): audio books.

The internet is easily ignored crap, for the most part. I can easily listen to music while reading mindless fluff at the same time. That includes most news. Newspapers are not serious reading. News is the stuff you read between mouthfuls at breakfast.

Serious literature? That requires actual concentration. I never listen to music and read books at the same time.

www.pandora.com is like a Christmas present. You just open the box and smile.

Thanks chicken!

Nama…you will like this!

[quote=“Chicken”]http://www.pandora.com/

Thank you so much! I usually replay what i’ve got. this is the best thing I’ve been pointed toward in ages. I typed in Tom Waits and am living some great music.

Chicken and Tainan Cowboy, I LOVE YOU! :notworthy:

I typed in Bob Dylan. Artists that followed were: Neil Young-Donovan-Bruce Springstein-Johnny Cash.

Perfect. Great site.

[quote=“yangdemei”][quote=“Chicken”]http://www.pandora.com/

Thank you so much! I usually replay what i’ve got. this is the best thing I’ve been pointed toward in ages. I typed in Tom Waits and am living some great music.
Chicken and Tainan Cowboy, I LOVE YOU! :notworthy:[/quote]yangdemei -
All props to chicken…:bravo:…(but its good to share the love!)

Depends if I’m surfing to gain knowledge or just for fun. I can’t read with the aim of retention when there’s music playing, but I can goof around with music playing!