Do you need an authenticated Bachelor's for a master's degree application if alrdy in Taiwan?

I looked through some topics, but I’m wondering if anyone has experience with NTU specifically, especially with an apostille that’s relatively old.

Does anyone know if it needs to be authenticated for me to apply beyond the apostille? Does that mean I need to send the degree BACK to the US for authentication by TECRO? Because that’s what TECRO told me. Back when I did authentication by TECRO, they required me to apostille stuff and then give it to them. They wouldn’t directly take local documents. Does a US degree need to be apostilled first? No, right?

They also said I need to authenticate my passport. That is impossible because there’s no representative here of my country. Is there no way to do it locally in Taiwan? Anyone have any experience with this?

1 Like

Admitted applicants shall have their academic credentials and translated copies (if any) verified by the ROC overseas office in their countries of study or, if there is none, by the nearest ROC representative office. The verified graduation certificate and full academic transcript of records shall be submitted on the registration day. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the admission offer.

TECRO’s Document Authentication Service

• All documents (excluding diplomas, transcripts, marriage certificates, overseas death certificates, birth certificate including CRBAs, individual licenses, possibly other types of documents) to be authenticated must be certified by the U.S. Department of State or the Secretaries of States within our service area (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.).
  • The documents, including diplomas, transcripts, marriage certificates, overseas death certificates, birth certificates including CRBAs, individual licenses and possibly other types of documents to be authenticated must be issued by Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, D.C., or the U.S. Department of State.
  • For the authentication of a diploma, you must provide the original diploma, a copy of the diploma, and sealed transcripts.
2 Likes

This doesn’t make any sense! Your answer partially answers the need to authenticate, so I’ll hit a LIKE to that, lollll

1. All documents except diplomas must be certified by the US DoS.
  2. Diplomas must be issued by Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., or the US DoS.

Then…

1. What if my diploma isn’t issued by the states mentioned? Does that mean it doesn’t need to be certified by US DoS? Or does that mean they won’t authenticate it if not issued by the states above?
  2. Why do I need transcripts with my degree? This is weird.

your diploma should be authenticated by TECO in the region where your university locates.

2 Likes

Oh, so that’s for the TECRO of that region, right? Okay then. I’ll go look for the TECRO elsewhere that services my diploma area.

Thx for the help.

for clarification, there is only one TECRO in the US. ROC offices in other areas are TECO.

Edit: Oh, right. I guess I thought they’re all representative offices since Taiwan doesn’t have international recognition as a country. I’ve been to TECRO once since I had a document issued in D.C. before.