Do you still go to movie theaters? Tell me about the last movie you watched in the movie theaters

Lol you have never seen a chimp ride a motorcycle? Yes I saw one in the circus

Itā€™s funny tommy sees a man carrying his pet orangutan on his scooter and suddenly the whole room went ape ?

I saw Hotel Mumbai at the Ambassador Theater on Changchun a few weeks back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IxhVslvro

Pretty good movie. But the theater needs to invest in some proper sound insulation.

2 Likes

A guy with a monkey contacted her on Facebook and borrowed some money, I believe.

Please try to keep up.

1 Like

I can hook you up with someone who makes dulce de leche fresh. Or give you the worldĀ“s easiest recipe.

As to filled churrosā€¦ I think someone told me Fengyuan Night Market in Taichung has them.

Now we are reveling our agesā€¦

Not sure our ages are a cause for celebration. :thinking:

Taiwan use dto be known as a ploae to smuggle wild animals. People in the 80s were awash with cash and liked to show off wild animals as ā€¦ well, luxury items, I guess. No regulations.

There was a tiger, a full grown tiger in Xindian.

There was the guy who put together, to say it nicely, a tiger and a lion to get ligersā€¦most died.

Of course we must ceklebrate, compared to the alternativeā€¦

I remember translating the whole The Dead Pool in the US for my Mom. One of my most embarrassing movei experiences, as people kept watching us. But Mom insisted ā€œwhat happened?! what did he say? why are you not translating?! Quick! Who cares about the people looking at us, I paid for our tickets too!ā€

Sigh.

1 Like

1 Like

lol. Are you still on this? This is not even the same thread. I am no longer responding to those threads. I was citing some personal bad experiences because I thought I was the only target of those people. But, I felt much better when people told me that I am still young and they also met those kind of people. I truly felt better to know I was not the only one.

Wow, I have never heard about them. I guess it is because I didnā€™t spend too much time in Taiwan during Summer vacation. I would travel abroad with my family because we have relatives living in Europe. Also, my sister and I didnā€™t watch too much Taiwanese news. I hanged out with some friends, but we only went to movie theaters and mall. I hate clubs. I was a child who had access to many activities and education at home. But, I was also alienated and lazy to learn that some people pet wild animals. I lived in Taipei until I finished High School. Then, I moved to Liuying in Tainan. Now, I live in Hsinchu.

The movie was from 1978. I wasnā€™t born yet. I was born in 1997. The movie is almost 20 years older than me. lol

Well, I am glad to say that the widespread uncivilized practice has been curtailedā€¦ a bit. We do not have that many snake soup places!

Now if we could get rid of the idjits who ā€œreleaseā€ turtles or doves in droves in areas unsuitable for them, thatĀ“ll make my day.

Hey. Some of us old-timers remember 1978 like it was yesterday. :grandpa:

ā€¦rosebud. Rosebud!

1 Like

I wonder if there are any humangutans around?

Many

Yes, there are some forest people around.

Two words. Coyote ugly.

Once again today forumosa takes me back to 1978 ā€¦ :grandpa:

1978 ? Those were some good times.
Prehistoric nowadays. Imagine no cellphones or PC. No internet. No bb call yet either. No websites.

People actually talked to strangers they met at cafes?

You made dates before you left the house and waited at a pre assigned spot . If you misconnected you did something else.

How did we even survive? How did people meet and create babies right?

Well we talked to strangers and got introduced or met at work or school orā€¦we talked to strangers.

ā€œHey stranger wanna get humma humma ? ā€œ. That was the thought but the execution needed polish.