Do you still go to movie theaters? Tell me about the last movie you watched in the movie theaters

I was in a heightened state- it had been six years since my first trip to Taiwan and I had just moved here.

Seems like moviegoers here generally don’t stay for credits.

What I really hate is right before the credits roll the theaters often turn on the house lights full brightness and some an employee stands there in front. It hurts my eyes and makes me feel obligated to get up and leave. It’s like a hard exit when what I want is a soft one to slowly pull me out of my movie dream state.

1 Like

Yeah taiwanese generally never watch the credits and they usually cut it right off as well. Just run some of it. I WANT TO SEE THE CREDITS GAW DANG IT !!

1 Like

oh yea i meant another chain. actual crispy fried chicken. ding gua gua is more like oily chicken.

personally i’ve not found the movie experience to be annoying in taiwan. maybe because i’ve seen movies in china where people have full phone conversations mid movie…

Are you referring to his child?

Who’s child ?

Did they have fillings? I like churros with Dulce de Leche. I have never seen “Dulce de Leche” in Taiwan. I tried to search at Cotsco and Carrefour. Nothing!

Orangutan

I’m missing a beat here
What are u on about ?

Is “Orangutan” the name of a movie, perhaps?

You said you saw a man with an orangutan. So, I thought the man was probably taking his noisy child. Then, you were comparing his child to an orangutan. Is it a part of joke?

I think I saw that movie.

2 Likes

Because you said the orangutan was his pet. I can’t believe someone will pet an orangutan in Taiwan and take it to the movie theaters.

Never saw this movie. Perhaps, I wasn’t born yet.

You should check it out. It has an orangutan in it!

1 Like

But, I don’t think Tommy was referring to this movie. He said about a man taking his Orangutan on his scooter to the cinemas. Of course, it was a sarcasm. But, I wanted to know who he was referring to.

shouldn’t this be in the old photos of taiwan thread?

1 Like

Well, it’s not that old…even if @Laracroft wasn’t born yet.

I saw a man with his pet monkey in the theatre and unrelated I saw a man with his pet orangutan riding on his scooter

I wasn’t using any metaphors these were simply two observations

1 Like

did you ever see a monkey riding a scooter by itself? that would be the icing on the cake.

can we get more old timers monkey story’s PLEASE?

1 Like

Was it this man?

1 Like